Sunday, August 27, 2006

WHY DO WE DO IT?


BREAD OF HEAVEN















Torture ourselves daily by not eating the food we love of course!
I love bread , potatoes, cakes, sweets and savouries...........these are my drug of choice! I do not want to imagine a life without them.




PEAR DROPS
SWEET HEAVEN











HEAVENLY SAVOURIES



















CHOCOLATE HEAVEN








Is this how other addicts feel? At lunch time when I have finished my weight watchers meal and huge dish of vegetables I have a wonderful feeling of a full and warm stomach and I love the feeling. I don't want alcohol, drugs or any other addictive substance, they just don't do it for me. My daily life is a torture becauseI cannot eat the things I love but I still have to eat. That is why I think obesity is a problem because alcoholics and drug addicts to recover have to stop their addiction of choice completely, me I have to take my drug of choice daily to live! Are fat people weak? Hell yes but so are any other kind of addict. Are fat people stupid? Hell no, not more than any other addict. As a hospital nurse I of course saw a lot of sick people(duh!) but the majority of them had certain things in common, they drank too much, they ate too much and they smoked too much. But we were there to deal with their accute illness not the other kind of sickness that brought them there in the first place. And do I have another kind of sickness?
Probably, I grew up in poverty- not relative but real. Nothing in the cupboards or fridge so I couldn't eat. When I became an adult I was still poor so I ate what I could afford, cheap unhealthy carbohydrates but carbs are warm and comforting and give you a hell of a buzz. So now I am addicted to lovely , wonderful, gorgeous carbs.
I want somewhere to go, not Weight Watchers-that wouldn't do it for me, where I can stand up and say, 'I am an addict' and the people around me know how I feel. I will always be addicted to food, like alcoholics will always be alcoholics even when they have stopped drinking.
A lot of money is spent on helping people to overcome their alcohol, drug and smoking addiction but my addiction must cost the NHS millioms of £'s every year and not enough is spent on helping mea and people like me to deal with our addiction.
AT 12st 2lbs I am a healthy BMI but I can get down to 9st 10lbs and still be in the healthy range and yes I will pursue that goal and why? Probably there is a little bit of Posh in us all that thinks ,'when your thin your in' and we want to be slim so other people will not look at us and think , 'stupid fat cow',and yes for most people FAT and STUPID does go together perfectly.

No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.