Friday, August 11, 2006

'LOVE ME FOR WHAT I AM. FOR SIMPLY BEING ME'

HEALTHY EATING UPDATE
DAY 1 healthy eating going fine-bread and fruit for breakfast, 2 weight watchers meals with loads of boiled and stir fry vegtables, lots of water and 2 weight watchers yoghurts. Oh and an options drink at approximately 11am.
Every time I thought about snacking I thought ,'Am I hungry?' and I realised that I never was.
At the end of the day, even though I wasn't hungry, I was thinking about all the wonderful things that I would eat. I could have happily eaten a three course meal and managed it easily but I know I wasn't hungry. I must have a stomach stretched to the size of a football! I do not eat because I am bored and I do not comfort eat, I eat because I love food.
This morning my stomach feels so much smaller(probably initial water loss) and my weighing scales still seem to be working properly and have recorded a loss (yes I know it is that water).
However, I will not be buying the weight watchers meals again as they had way too many spices in them for me, I shall make my own pasta sauce meals and only add herbs.
Any further healthy eating updates will be relegated to the bottom of the page as it is not really a very exciting subject but I promise I will make a big thing of it when I become a size 12!
I watched a program on tv last night called Far Beauty contest and all the contestents were size 16*, it was a brilliant programme. Until I was 25 I was a size 8 and after Beauty I was a size 22, after going to weight watchers I got down to a 14-16 and now I want to be a size 12. I really understood how all these girls were feeling. When you are fat people ignore you because they think you are stupid to let yourself get so fat. Lots of people would love to be able to say,' I have health problems that make me fat', well newsflash my Dercums makes it impossible for me to lose all of my fat as the fat is encapsulated and so they are benign tumours. And does the fact that I know I have an illness that stops me losing all my excess weight make it any better? Heck no....in fact it makes it worse as I feel that I have to work twice as hard as everyone else.
I also want to live a long and healthy life so I can be there for all my children....hence the healthy eating.
The program Fat Beauty contest encouraged the women to be happy with their body and I think that is very important, yes we are fat people and one day we may lose weight but we need to be happy now, happiness isn't just for people who are a size 6.


Charlotte Coyle the organiser of Beauty Reborn, the pageant for larger women
























Why have I never looked like this?
Because I have my father's genetics I have always
looked more like a Russian shotputter?
There's nothing wrong with Russian shotputters,
I just want to look more feminine than an athlete
in action
Mother of Many x

No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.