Monday, December 25, 2006

WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR

I never cease to be amazed at the vagaries of a child with autism.
Beauty did not get up until 9:30am, SnoWhite, Ariel and Fiona were itching to wake her up. Finally up and dressed and wearing a Belle ball gown we managed to get Beauty to sit on the settee, half awake.<span onclick=
First the girls opened their stockings...........mistake number one! The child who would previously not eat chocolate spent the entire morning trying to eat the chocolate OFF the Quality Street that she found in her stocking.
<span onclick=
Then we lost her to the computer to the Cbeebies site. After Christmas lunch I made the second mistake of the day. The first present that I gave her happened to be a bag of toy soldiers. For a family who is organic, vegetarian, eco-friendly, tree-hugging and anti-war the toy soldiers do not fit in but I shall explain. She had a pack of soldiers given to her when she was going through her Toy Story phase, the video was on night and day. Well, in Toy Story the soldiers get stood on by the mother and that it so true, in our house they are always getting stood on and broken so I thought I would get a new pack for Christmas. The first soldiers were WWII American GI's but the new bag are medieval archers. <span onclick=
Beauty opened the bag of soldiers and began playing with them in the seat of the truck that Pianoman gave her for Christmas, and she also strapped SnotBear that Ariel gave her for Christmas in the seat of the truck and that was it for the rest of the day. Oh and the bear that Ariel gave to Beauty is called SnotBear because the first thing that Beauty did with the bear was to use it as a tissue! I love children so much.
By this time she has spent 2 hours playing with her new soldiers, she can be heard saying, 'I'm going to tell you a story''Once upon a time there was a wicked witch'.

SnoWhite(21), Ariel(17) and Fiona(15) were like a bunch of 5 year olds.We open our presents one at a time going around the room and they actually said that they like it when the adult presents run out because they can open their presents more quickly! Nice children. My present from Pianoman was the hit of the day. My hands and elbows are not working well at the moment(arthritis) so I open the present with scissors, well when they saw what my presents was it was a case of 'ooh,ooh,ooh' and they dragged the present out of my hands and opened it for me. It was on my wish list............ a DCR-DVD 105E HANDYCAM, all I have to do now is figure out how it works!
<span onclick=
SnoWhite had a sewing machine, a popcorn maker and a jewelry box plus loads more!

<span onclick=
Ariel had a stepper machine, an uzi(toy I promise) and a CHUV (yes chuv)passport holder plus loads more!
<span onclick=


For Fiona it was a Hello Kitty and Pucca 'fest'. DVDs and a bike and loads more.

<span onclick=

For Beauty(as far as we know so far!) she has had a tea set, toy soldiers, Hello Kitty sweat shirt, Rudolph video , wagon and the pj's she is wearing in the photo from her sister Belle.
<span onclick=

Wagon
<span onclick=

I had crocs off Fiona, a camcorder off Pianoman, a DVD off Runningman, a David Cassidy CD off Beauty(oh yes), a cuckoo clock off Anastasia, Cinderella oven gloves and tea towel off Belle, a cake stand off SnoWhite and off Ariel some LUSH stuff
<span onclick=

<span onclick=
<span onclick=
AND A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE


CHRISTMAS LUNCH

<span onclick=

Lunch was as interesting as ever with Fiona and Ariel having chicken, Runningman had chicken , lamb and turkey, Pianoman had duck(which rhymes with yuk) whilst SnoWhite and I had the vegetarian option. Oh yes, and Beauty had fish! And lots and lots of vegetables, my favourite.......yum,yum,yum!

Food, glorious food!
<span onclick=

Princess for the day
<span onclick=

<span onclick=
'I would rather be on the computer!'

<span onclick=
'Do my ears look big in these?'

SO WHY DO I CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS?
I do not believe in God BUT I want to.
I celebrate Christmas because Fiona and Ariel still go to church so I do it for them.
I celebrate Christmas because Beauty must make her own choice on religion when she is older.
I also celebrate the Winter Solstice as a re-affirmation of life.
I celebrate the winter holiday as a celebration of family.


And because of 'my lost saints' 'my childhood's faith'
For what Christmas did mean to me and I wish still did.

XLIII. "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways..."
by Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1806-1861)
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.