Thursday, December 07, 2006

ROCKIN ROBIN

Answer to a question SnoWhite had from Angela's Ashes

For SnoWhite..............St Francis is the Patron saint of Birds, Ecologists and Merchants.





















And this is St Jude the Patron Saint of Desperate cases.



















and this is St Anthony the Patron Saint of Lost Things...........I had a keyring with Saint Anthony on it, but the picture on it fell off and I lost it, honest.



















I'm having a not so good day! My hair looks like Crystal Tips because of the rain, my house is a tip(because of Beauty) and I haven't lost any weight at Weight Watchers after following the points plan religiously and exercising for an hour a day, everyday.
I know the whole muscle heavier than fat thing, so after a restless night I think I shall have a nap and hope I feel better later. So in the meantime BOG OFF WORLD.
Evening update- after a very good nap the world seems a little bit better place(thank you Pollyanna).
I had crumpets for lunch, warming comfort food with not too many calories, fat, points or whatever!
End of the world averted................Beauty put a video in the player,back to front and because it wouldn't work it was my fault. Her face is puce with crying. Thankfully the video came out quite easily as I didn't fancy taking the whole thing apart. Now we are watching the King and I again...........and again!
Weather here is atrocious, heavy rain and wind. I think I shall get my duffel coat out. I can see a lot of those outdoor Christmas decorations flying away this evening. there is a robin on the front opposite the Leisure Centre and he already looks like he has 'fallen off his perch'(dead,deceased, is no more as in Dead Parrot Monty Python Sketch)



































As a child Belle's favourite video was Meet Me in St Louis, it was also one of my mothers favourite films, but I think the family has a new favourite. The king and I is on constantly, I bought it yesterday for the family but Beauty has decided it is hers and already she is singing along with the songs. I trawled the charity shops in Albany Road for videos, Beauty damages DVDs so quickly that videos definitely have a longer life in our house. When Belle was small she pulled some of the tape out of a video and used the video as
a handbag, so in our house when a video gets broken it is called 'handbagging'. The videos are Christmas presents and Beauty will love them. Some of the videos are repeats but that is ok because videos don't last forever but I definitely think it was a mistake to stop making them.





Beauty is dressing as a robin for her school play at Christmas and will be singing along to Rockin Robin so we looked up the song on YouTube so she could hear it and learn it. We found this version and I have to say this is fantastic, the little girls are brilliant, they are so sweet.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqR8_UDCF1s

No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.