Saturday, December 02, 2006

EL NOMBRE TO THE RESCUE

Funny old day, Beauty got up at 10am( after a very wriggly night) soI didn't get lots of sleep but it was better than none.

DOES TELEVISION CAUSE AUTISM? by Michael Waldman at Johnson Graduate School of Management Cornell University.This research work proposes that the increase in children watching tv since the 70's and 80's has increased the level of autism in children. What do you think? Beauty did not pass her hearing tests in her first year and by the time she was 9 months old she was given a preliminary diagnosis of autism which was later confirmed, all before she had a chance to indulge in watching children's tv. So what level of autism is this researcher talking about?
Beauty has many problems and as yet her language skills are very limited, so are they talking about children who are high functioning or diagnosed with Aspergers? I think that the increase in children with autism is a lot more to do with greater awareness, I think these children were always out there but just not diagnosed. There has also been a huge increase in car ownership and use since the 70's, does the research consider the possibility of car emissions? Also an increase in junk food eaten by children, less exercise taken by children, more working mothers........oh the list is endless. I blame the government! Why? because I can I guess. Like I could blame tv if I wanted to.
When I was growing up my family, like most other families watched a lot of tv because entertainment in the 60's and 70's was limited and you went home after school and watched tv for most of the evening. So now that I watch a lot less tv there must be a lot of benefit to my way of thinking and brain power, Let me see ....NO. Sorry, I wish there were thought, oh well.


El Nombre has helped Beauty learn to count


and Don Fandango has taught Beauty about right and wrong


and the koala Brothers have taught her how to help people and the list is endless.

No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.