Sunday, October 29, 2006

WHAT A PAIN IN THE NECK!




The sprite has been ripping my neck to pieces all night but I think it would be unfair to call the shoulder and neck pain the sprite as I love the little sprite on the TV advert and so do the girls.I think it would be more appropriate to call it after Gollum from Lord of the Rings, a similar size creature but with more evil intentions than the sprite. I have read Lord of the Rings a number of times but even when I was a lot younger I had difficulty with the book as it was so long. The problem was my memory and I couldn't remember who was who in the sense of battles and locations so I would have to take notes and even then I was lost and as the years have passed it has got worse. Now an ordinary length novel and who is who with the characters confuses me and I am always looking back to the introduction of the characters. I have a degree in Welsh Studies and Welsh History and in the Welsh Studies part I read and analysed a lot of literature (like you did in your English degree Belle) but it would be a lot more difficult for me to study it today but then there is the possibility that exercising my brain would actually increase my memory power. But surely my two years of a masters degree should have done that? Oh well who knows how a brain really works, perhaps I should get one of those Brain Gym type books and see if I can increase my memory and brain capabilities........just don't ask me to do Sudoku as I just don't have the patience.

DINING ROOM UPDATE

Well the reason Gollum is chowing down on my neck is because I artex painted all the walls and ceiling and painted all the walls, today I shall paint the ceiling and buy and fitted a carpet and then we will be done. I am so happy it is almost done. YIPPEE!

No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.