Sunday, October 15, 2006

IS THE WORLD GOING MAD?

Headline on the BBC website questions whether MINISTER 'RECKLESS' OVER VEIL ROW.
I personally think that the situation has got out of hand and the school has not dealt with the situation professionally. Instead of asking the teachers aide to remove her veil they should have first tried to deal with the situation as it was, the class teacher should have had a private conversation with the teachers aide and explained the problem. Then they should have discussed ways to deal with the situation and then they should have discussed how the teachers aide could speak louder and more clearly-I am sure that the teachers aide would not have had a problem with that. When I was teaching English as a Foreign Language I never had a problem understanding women who were wearing a veil, obviously I didn't teach all the women in the world who wear a veil but of those that I did there was not a problem. I have more problems understanding Fiona who barely moves her lips when she talks and she doesn't wear a veil. It is definitely poor management skills on the part of the school if they think the only answer is for the teachers aide to remove her veil.

Runningman ran the Cardiff half marathon today and raised just over£700 for Beauty's school, I am sure that they will be pleased.
I am impressed with anyone who can run that kind of distance-especially for charity.


Today I have felt 'proper poorly', headache, lethargy, joints and lumps hurting and lack of appetite and Beauty of course has been her usual hyper, happy self. She has been pinging of the ceiling and watching FRAGGLE ROCK over and over again. I couldn't cope with her basket of puzzle pieces and picture cards(there are hundreds of pieces and cards) and she likes to look at each card and piece and then throw them on the floor. So I collected them up and the basket is locked in the video cupboard and she is happily playing with her army of little green soldiers.
The floor is now safer to walk across but when the DVD momentarily gets stuck Beauty shouts very loudly at the DVD player which is not that wonderful when you have a headache,




Due to my feeling 'proper poorly' I have been lying on the sette, either sleeping or reading. I am reading the latest P D James novel The Lighthouse
It is very good, it is set on an imaginary island off Cornwall in the Bristol Channel, however it reminds me so much of Lundy and I have always wanted to stay in one of the houses there.
The story is about an alleged suicide which turns out to be a murder and is being investigated by Adam Dalglish from Scotland Yard. He is investigating because some high powered politicians had planned to stay on the island in a few months and this alleged suicide questions the safety of the island. One of the suspects at the moment is a German doctor(predictable!) whose father disappeared close by in the second world war, or a long term resident in her 80's(yeah whatever!) or the victims daughter because her father did not approve of who she wanted to marry(possible), anyway, we shall see. I love the work of P D James, I think she is a brilliant writer.

No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.