Friday, October 13, 2006

IF BEAUTY IS AWAKE .........

THEN SO IS EVERYONE ELSE!

The day has started early with Beauty watching 'DORA THE EXPLORER', which means singing, dancing, counting and learning Spanish! She was awake at 4:30am which is waaaaay to early.
At least I must be grateful that it isn't POPCORN POPPING ON THE APRICOT TREE !
Beauty has also tipped ALL her toys on the floor so there is no walking space.........Am I bothered? Heck no, there is still room to sleep(if she would let me!). Beauty is also playing with her army of soldiers, her army are less bored as they now have trees, bushes, tanks and armored vehicles to practice their maneuvers with, oh and a missile on the back of a truck.
If Beauty is happy, her army are happy then I am happy.

AN AID FOR THOSE POOR 'EARBASHED' DOCTORS EVERYWHERE
When I did my nurses training I learnt my quotes off by heart for my final exams, the only one that I remember very well is, 'Pain is what the patient says it is'. 25 years ago when visiting a doctor who looked about 60 years old I remember thinking that he had trained in the early 50's and I remember thinking that doctors need to up-date their education regularly. Now they are and they also have the internet to use as a diagnostic tool but I still understand that the are only 'best-guessers' from their personal experience and what they can glean from the internet, reading books and up-dating courses. The BBC Health Reporter Jane Elliot has an article on the BBC website which talks about her trying out an arthritis simulation suit. She talks about how she felt after wearing the suit,'she felt great relief' at not wearing it anymore, she tells how she had a short glimpse into the pain of arthritis. I truly feel guilt when I go to the doctor and talk about pain to the doctor, something intangible. Some days I have to lie down all day as my lumps, joints and the damage in my back are so painful-I only go to the doctors when I have to but hey....they see the walking, talking, smiling me that is putting on a brave face so how can they possibly know how bad or real the pain is? A suit like this could be a good thing.




I have not encountered a school at hometime or first thing in the morning that does not have parking problems. There may be schools with no problems but it is just that I have not seen them. I have always felt that to deal with the school parking problems you need to educate the children who will educate the parents. There are two church schools close to where I live, one I refuse to go past first thing in the morning as the parents have suicidal tendencies due to their desire to get where they are going on time. The other school which I think have always been quite well behaved seem to have a constant police presence and the parking is now perfect, it is just the mothers with buggies who seem to want to hurtle themselves at my car without looking.

Bring backTufty- The road safety suirrel from when I was little, I loved him!

No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.