Thursday, July 27, 2006

WHEN UNREALITY IS THE NORM



This morning I awoke to find a 5 foot blow up alligator staring at me from across the room, whilst most people would sit up in bed in shock and wonder what alternate universe they had entered, I merely closed my eyes and rolled over knowing that the information regarding the origin of the alligator would eventually come to me. And it did, and as you would expect in a house with 3 children on the autistic spectrum it made perfect sense. Fiona had entered the room (uninvited and without knocking) at 1.30am and when asked,' what the h_ll was she doing' she matter of factly told me that she thought that,'Beauty would like to see the alligator first thing in the morning'. My reaction was OK, in this house it is easier to go with the flow.
Opinion has it that most people exist somewhere along the spectrum as far as autism is concerned and I can see that in people that I meet everyday and I think that is not a bad thing. Beauty's behaviours though are obvious and I sometimes feel that because of this she is easier to deal with than Fiona and SnoWhite whose behaviour at times just needs a good slap around the back of the head! Don't worry, even if I did slap Fiona or SnoWhite around the back of the head it wouldn't be child abuse because Fiona is bigger than me and she would punch me right back and as for SnoWhite, I think she would have such a psychotic episode and it would take me at least 3 weeks to waken from my coma(and of course at 20 she is no longer a child so it would be assault not child abuse!!!!)
I also think that unreality is not confined to my home, at half past midnight I heard lots of voices going past my front window and so I looked out and was shocked to see approximately 25 boys from about the age of 7 through to teenagers happily walking along. The majority were without their t shirts. Why? I don't know, perhaps just because they could, IT'S A MYSTERY!
Odd behaviour is not confined however to SnoWhite , Fiona and Beauty, the others have had their moments, for instance Ariel drop kicking the baby Jesus across the stage at a church nativity play and Anastasia and Belle eating their way through a pot of Tums. I have a whole host of other stories but I shall keep them to sell to the highest bidder when they are famous.

No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.