Sunday, July 23, 2006

IT'S A MEMORY THING!


How is it I can remember the snows of'63/64?
( and believe me I do), Churchill's funeral in '65(all the rest of the tv programs were stopped), student campus demonstrations in the USA(I can remember thinking that I never wanted to be a student...well I messed that one up!),England beating Germany in the 1966 world cup final, and finally I remember the investiture of Prince Charles in 1969 as 'Prince of Wales' but yet I remember nothing about the first landing on the moon. My mother's memory was bad but mine is off the scale, however no amount of prompting would help my mothers memory but usually if you work with me I can remember after a while. I find conversations difficult because my retention is bad, I can lose the word for an object in a sentence. For example I could tell you that next doors house was on fire but within that sentence I would forget the word for fire and not be able to finish my description of the fire.Ooops! next door might burn down before I remember the word!
However I have no problem with my memory concerning Jensen Ackles and every episode of Supernatural. All I need is a focus and a need to remember and I'm fine. But does focus explain why my memory is shot at certain things but I can remember 90% of the words of any song I have ever heard, I am particularly good at school and church hymns and children's songs and nursery rhymes........is that wierd or what? At the moment the songs on constant replay in my head are,'I can sing a rainbow'(thanks to Beauty) and,' Good Riddance' by Greenday....strange mix!
Pain is never permanent(see blog entry-18-06-06) is what I said but due to the fact that I can't take all my painkillers if somebody said that to me today I seriously might headbutt them. My pain is like the tooth ache you experience as a child, it is almost like you can't imagine life before the pain. I am scared that I'm getting to the point that I might just give in(and take the tablets!). Breath......... let's have a Pollyanna moment........................I know, I should be glad that all I want to do is head butt any smart-arse that may try and make it all better with their platitudes instead of wanting to do something far worse to them(well it works for me).

No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.