Tuesday, July 04, 2006

BLAME THE MONKEY.................for all the washing in the house and Italy winning(remember she said they would)
To Mr Blair, my neighbours and anyone else who might care, I use my washing machine constantly but I use an Eco Wash and so I use lots less water. My neighbours of the not-so-quiet kind never dry clothes outside so they must use a tumble dryer constantly but my other neighbours are always cleaning and washing and drying clothes outside(but not nearly as much as me) so I apologise now for my impact on the environment and blame the smelly little monkey that is the 5 year old. Her philosophy on life is Eat, Drink and Be Merry and have a very good life. Sounds good to me............apart from the washing!
At present we are having a heatwave, well compared to our usual weather for this time of year but compared to some European countries I have visited we are having a nice warm spell.
It is difficult to sleep at night because of the heat especially as I sleep on the ground floor and I cannot leave the window open because of the local 'burglar' who actually appears to be on holiday at the moment. The burglar seems to have gone very quiet, it could be linked to my giving them a fright however! or perhaps the helicopter and 'swat' type police team that staked out their flat for a couple of hours one night might have something to do with it!
Who cares what it was really, it's just nice to have a bit of peace and quiet.
Hey, being a burglar wasn't really a job with a good career structure anyway so perhaps they can now concentrate on their legitimate talents.
I know we are wimps in this country when it comes to a little bit of heat but I know with my skin colouring I was never meant for life in a hot climate. I once read that the australians had a high skin cancer rate because of their fair european skin. I know how they feel, 5 minutes in the hot sun and my skin is popping and sun block never seems to last long with me as I perspire so much it comes off in a few minutes.
Which means that my right arm is always brown from driving and my left arm is white with a
t shirt mark at the top of my arm, attractive or what! no mistaking me for a super model...........I wish.





Italy 2-0 Germany
Again I couldn't watch the match, way too nerve wracking. What I did see was a good match though and it was constantly moving and the teams seemed equally matched though Italy seemed to have greater possession of the ball. It was awful to see the German fans and team cry, I don't like that at all.

Commiserations to Anastasia and friends, I know you so wanted Germany to win. I wanted the final to be England v Germany.........now that would have been exciting.
Hwyl for now
Mother of Many x

No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.