Saturday, July 15, 2006

I AM A FOOL IN A CLEVER WORLD.

I feel so sorry for Menezes' mum.
WHY? ........There are to be no charges against the individual police involved in the Menezes shooting incident. This reminds me of how I felt when I was asked to accept that an individual shot himself three times in the head at Deepcut and killed themselves, what I am being asked to accept is so wrong and in my head I just cannot believe that this is the right decision. When I was in University I could pass exams brilliantly but I never managed brilliant marks at essays no matter how hard I tried, this made me feel inferior to the others I was studying with because the only way to progress academically is by written reports, essays and dissertations. I feel like this now, is it because I am not as clever as other people that I feel that the decision not to charge the individual police officers in the Menezes case is wrong? Are the decision makers more intelligent than me and see things that I am not clever enough to see? I am definitely not clever enough to be a judge or a police officer or a politician, I just see things so differently to them!
No wonder I am happy with my quiet little house in my quiet little street, life past my gate gets so complicated.
Jack Worthing in The importence of Being Ernest said,'I am sick to death of cleverness. Everybody is clever nowadays. You can't go anywhere without meeting clever people. The thing has become an absolute public nuisance. I wish to goodness we still had a few fools left'.

No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.