Tuesday, March 13, 2007

TRUE BRIT!

Weather Report Again!
We may not have changed the clocks yet but it certainly feels like springtime.
We have had sunny weather for 2 days now which means good clothes drying weather, Ariel accused me of thinking like a mother when I mentioned this but I told her I was merely thinking like someone who wants to save electricity! As we are on the subject of Ariel, over the weekend she went cycling up the Taf Trail to practice for a charity event that she wants to do for Beauty's school. She is now moaning and groaning like an old woman(me) and is barely able to walk due to her having used muscles that she did not know she had. She wasn't impressed when I dropped her off at school and she asked if she could just turn around and go home and I said that if she were in the army(her plans) then she wouldn't be able to turn around and go home.
Grrr !Was her reply.
Talking about injuries..........SnoWhites friend who wrestles, dropped a 16 stone man on his knee on Sunday during practice, accidentally (well I hope it was an accident!). Now that is a scary profession. He has merely(!) strained and bruised his knee and ankle and is walking around on my crutches.

We seem to have had a breakthrough on the whole cleaning issue.Snowhite washed the car and cleaned the upstairs bathroom though she did fall asleep mid-cleaning(I kid you not!).When Snowhite was still in school, first thing in the morning when she had been compelled to wake up she would go the bathroom and make a heap with the towels and go back to sleep on the floor!
Ariel put away all the washing and cleaned the living room, whilst Fiona cleaned the downstairs bathroom and cleaned the inside of the car. I was suitably impressed.
As I said before, I wouldn't ask them to do something that I wouldn't do myself, so I did the washing and drying and the dishes and cleaned the kitchen and Beauty's bedroom.
Whilst SnoWhite and Fiona seem to be getting into the swing of things, Ariel did need a little bit of persuading!

Last night I watched a program called The Retreat, ever the seeker for truth and spirituality, I found it really interesting.
'Six British volunteers embark on a journey of self-discovery when they leave their everyday lives behind to join an Islamic retreat in Spain for four weeks of prayer, daily work and contemplation.'


It was really a unique experience for me to watch a program where the seekers of truth were searching for meaning to their lives in a non-christian environment. I really felt that I learnt a lot about what it means to be Muslim for many people.
I was very impressed with Abdullah Trvathan leading the retreat who focused on the spiritual but then one of those who lost it for me was a girl who was already a Muslim but she had a very different approach. I really believe that religion is about spirituality and the inner person and the individual journey and concentrating on the outward impressions we make just detracts from the spiritual journey.
I am afraid I let the side down and watched no rubbish TV whatsoever last night but a lot of that could have been to do with Beauty's 4:30am wake-up call! Yes autism can be a VERY tiring thing, I am afraid there are no holidays or days off with a child on the autistic spectrum.

No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.