Monday, March 26, 2007

AND THE ALIENS CHASED ME UP THE STREET...............

Yesterday the aliens in Starship Troopers chased me up the street ....................you've guessed rightly IN MY DREAMS. And that was the sanest part of the dream.If I were to relate anymore of my dreams then you would be convinced that I should be certified. Probably a sign that I watch too much TV! And when I saw the film I didn't even watch it out of choice as I saw it in an hotel where I was working in the late 90's.Whilst I was doing nurses training I worked part-time as a waitress for an agency and one of the jobs that I did was working in probably one of the largest hotels in Wales. I was serving at a wedding and we had to keep returning to the staff room between courses and playing on repeat in the staff room was the film Starship Troopers. The TV was linked to the guest viewing system and all we could manage to get out of the TV all day was the film Starship trooper, the lads were thrilled and enthralled! My opinion of the film.............a war film, anytime, any place, anywhere! WITH TOO MUCH BLOOD!

Beauty went out for the afternoon with her child minder whilst I had a little R&R(rest and respite), Beauty had a wonderful time. They visited the beach at Barry Island and Beauty enjoyed it even though it was a very blustery day and quite cold. I think I need to search out my duffle coat so I can take Beauty for more walks in her little red wagon, when you go from car to shop you tend only to wear a little jacket. It was very sunny yesterday but still quite cold.
Late yesterday afternoon we went to Porthkerry Churchyard where my parents are buried, I took SnoWhite, Fiona and Ariel and we took some ornaments for my mother's birthday. Porthkerry Church is situated on a little green with 2 houses and a farmhouse hugging the edge of the green. Next to the churchyard is an old school house and Fiona said that she would hate to have a house that overlooked a churchyard but I told her that she had more to worry about in the living than the dead. I blame Buffy, she grew up watching it with her older sisters.

I am getting worrying thoughts! Passing through the garden this morning to get to the car to take Beauty to school I suddenly thought, 'I need to sort out my garden'. I must be feeling better, I am constantly having spring cleaning and de-cluttering thoughts! My garden is so small it would only take a couple of hours to clean it! Last week when I went to 'WHAT' a bargain shop, I managed to buy some garden windmills in the shape of flamingos, I don't care how stupid people think garden ornaments are, Beauty loves them. It is not as if my garden is Highgrove or Hampton Court. It will be nice for Beauty to be able to play out in the garden again.

The local council are doing grant work in my house and are coming around with the builders this afternoon to check the building work that has been done. I have had work done on my house because of Health and Safety issues due to Beauty being a lot of an escapologist. Our front garden that was pretty much unusable has been safety floored and a very high wooden fence put up BUT.......... the fence has been put on the wrong way round! The support slats have been put on the inside and Beauty can use them as steps to escape!
Also........ we had doors put in between my bedroom and her bedroom so a window could be put in so she could have the independence of sleeping alone but still be seen. And the work is done so badly that they will probably have to be taken out and done again and the fence will also have to be done again. Never mind, I am sure the work will be finished by the summer.............but which summer I cannot tell you!
Would life be so much fun if everything were easy!

1 comment:

Steve said...

Given a choice between having to deal with council builders/carpenters or being chased down the street by the aliens from Starship Troopers I think I'd choose the aliens... at least they won't keep you waiting!

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.