Thursday, June 08, 2006

RUBY SLIPPER SHUFFLE

How autism can change your life.

I so used to be a morning person, now it takes me at least 2 hours to wake up properly. Late nights and interrupted sleep have left me doing the soft ruby slipper shuffle(I have a comfortable pair of ruby slippers that I wear all the time) until about mid- day. My joints sieze up overnight and it takes a while for my tablets to kick in in the morning.
This morning I was awoken to a little voice singing the calypso YELLOW BIRD. She may be a pain in the butt when she wakes me at 4am but YELLOW BIRD at 7am is quite sweet, thankfully she seems to have taken no interest in rock anthems. She so loves singing along to cd's and dvd's, I am convinced she will soon know all the words th Donovan's ,'Universal Soldier' as she has heard it so often in the car. Fancy that, in school Beauty will start singing, 'and he is fighting with missiles and with spears' instead of
the usual Baa Baa Black Sheep. See, I am a product of the 60's. I so should have grown up on a commune in California or somewher like Findhorn, wearing hotpants and wearing flowers in my hair- except where did I grow up? A council house(not on a council estate Russell!) in a South Wales village. I never even had a poncho but boy did I want one.
Regrets of the sixties?
Not remembering seeing the first 'landing on the moon''( I love conspiracy theories-not that their true of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) or going to see the Tutankamen exhibition in London( or was that the early 70's) and being able to say that I remember a lot of the 60's.
For the first time in months I went shopping in town, I got into town about 10 am so the temperature was still not too high and not too many punters around. I parked in front of the museum and walked through Gorsedd gardens where they were preparing the flower beds, I love it when the flowers and plants arrive fully grown and the gardens are suddenly ablaze with fresh bright colours. I started at a slow walk and ended up a very, very slow shuffle. It looked like I was moon walking forwards. I bought myself a skirt and blouse in Primark where I also bought Beauty a couple of summer dresses and in Debenhams I bought one of the fancy girdles that Trinny and Susannah rave about, to cover the part of my body that can only be cured by plastic surgery. I now have a flat looking stomach.Yippee!
Continuing my healthy diet with only a few minor slips.
Remember in Grease the film where John Travolta is singing Stranded at the drive in and behind him on a screen is a walking, dancing hotdog-well I almost (almost) see dancing chocolate doughnuts everywhere, I would love just one but I know I can't because one would lead to another and another and another- the chocolate covered doughnut is my nemesis.
The nice weather is wonderful but why is it that people say their arthritis is worse when it is wet? My arthritis is worse in the summer when my joints seem to swell with all the heat, Oh well-just to be different I guess.
Well I hope that all is well in the world,
Love to the off spring of mine
Peace Man
Mother of Many x

No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.