Tuesday, June 13, 2006

PAIN IS NEVER PERMANENT-St Teresa of Avila

TO ALL THE CLEVER PEOPLE OUT THERE
PLEASE INVENT A PAIN KILLER THAT WORKS

Here we are in the 21st century and the pain from arthritis cannot always be adequately dealt with. If the pain could be reduced to a dull ache then perhaps I could get a little more done.
Earlier on this evening I drove Running man to a race at Redwick and I took Beauty with me so she could play in the pub playground. I wanted to park in the pub car park next to the pub playground-but I was told no that I had to park in the runners carpark by a snot nose girl who talked to me as if I was stupid. I told her that I was parking here because my daughter was disabled and I had a disability buggy. She then asked if could I please unload and then park in the runners carpark as they did not want to upset the pub landlord and I told her no as I needed the car to change Beauty and any way I was going to be using the pub. I also told her that if the pub had a problem with a customer who bought drinks using their car park then they could come and tell me. The runners car park by the way is a field, with cow pats, stinging nettles and pot holes. The issue was not with the the pub but the running club - not very disability aware I'm afraid. They didn't tell the wheelchair entrant to use the field or perhaps they did,I hope he told her to sod off(get it?).
And why was I so stroppy? painkillers not working well at the moment I'm afraid, usually I take the abuse. Sometimes not-One day an old dear in the street told me that I shouldn't be parking in a disability bay so I asked her if she wanted me to give my daughter back because she wasn't perfect, her husband couldn't drag her away quick enough, I can't remember what it was that day-lack of sleep probably.
Anyway, Beauty thoroughly enjoyed her time in the park, most of the time was spent dousing her self in wood chippings or swinging on the baby swing. Anyway she also loved the sea-saw but of course she fell off. Today in school Beauty would not move from in front of the tv so one of the boys tied to move her and they fell in a heap together and Beauty hit her face as she went down - she now has a lovely big mark on the side of her face. And we were only saying yesterday that at the moment she was remarkably bruise free-well that'll teach me.
Fiona has accepted the offer of a summer job from Piano man to clean his mother's house for an hour a day, hourly rate plus a bus pass-sounds good to me. At her age I would have been thrilled with the opportunity.
No news yet on Running man's sister but will keep you all updated.
Short entry today as it is late and I'm beat
Hwyl - for now
Mother of Many x

No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.