Wednesday, January 24, 2007

WE ARE NOT AMUSED!

Last night I had a rubbish sleep and it was nothing to do with the 6 year old, believe it or not the 17 year old and the 21 year old were both vying for the place of biggest pain in the a*se! The 17 year old is a teenager(enough said!) but the 21 year old should know better. On the ground floor of my house I have had a bedroom and kitchen extension built because of my disability and because I sleep downstairs I hear anything that goes on in the downstairs of the house.LAST NIGHT WAS NO EXCEPTION!
SnoWhite is sleeping over as she is going to Vienna today to visit Anastasia and Dimitri and Ariel is at the house because she saw her young man last night who lives in a place called Pontprennau which is 5 minutes from the house(though I am not happy that she came in at 1:30am on a school night).I love the way 17 year olds think you are stupid and at 45 you cannot possibly remember what it was like to be 17, I do remember only too well which is the problem!
Last night Ariel and SnoWhite just would not shut up, anyone would think I did not have an upstairs with 4 bedrooms.
Churches unite over adoption row
The Church of England has backed the Catholic Church in its bid to be exempt from laws on adoption by gay couples.
Catholic leaders in England and Wales say its teachings prevent its agencies placing children with homosexuals and they will close if bound by the rules.
Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams and his counterpart in York, John Sentamu, have written to the PM.
They say "rights of conscience cannot be made subject to legislation, however well-meaning".
The Equality Act, due to come into effect in England, Wales and Scotland in April, outlaws discrimination in the provision of goods, facilities and services on the basis of sexual orientation.
The head of the Catholic Church in England and Wales, Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O'Connor, has denied claims by secular and gay-rights activists who have accused him of using "blackmail" in a bid to secure exemptions.

So the Catholic church says it will close it's adoption agencies if it can't discriminate against gay couples.
Good.
'Religion' should have nothing to do with how a child is placed with an adoptive family.



An unsigned British band have reached a settlement with Coca-Cola over the soft drink giant's use of their material in a television commercial.
The band, 7 Seconds of Love, argued that Coke used their song Ninja and its distinctive kitten-filled video without permission in a South American advert.

After talks, Coke agreed to an out of court settlement of an undisclosed sum.

Good.
I have never been impressed with Coca-Cola and their employee relations. Yes the companies that produce their product in certain countries maybe 'concessions' but Coca-Cola should still take responsibility for how these companies treat their employees.

Last night I read a blog entry from my friend at holyflamingsmoke
oh no, what have I done? .
The blog entry is about crime and it made me think about where I live and how safe I feel.Cardiff probably has the same crime rate as any where else but I don't think that it is really that bad. However, did you see this news report about Cardiff High Belle?

Girl robbed on her way to school

A girl was grabbed by a masked man and robbed as she walked to her secondary school through woods in Cardiff.

The girl, a pupil at Cardiff High School in the Cyncoed area, handed over the money and continued her journey to school while the man ran away.
The incident happened near Lake Road North at around 0820 GMT on Tuesday, say police, who want information.

She must have been walking through the wild gardens.DUH! I would never feel safe walking through any woods during the day.Nowhere is really safe today but I think the criminals where I live are like Bernie from TORCHWOOD.

They would sell their own grandmother(metaphorically) but harmless really.......well where I live anyway. The estate that I live on is a Local Authority housing estate but approximately 60% of the houses are now privately owned. Even though the houses were built in 1976 the estate has the atmosphere of a more established estate with families who have lived here since the estate was built. We have the Burglar Boys, small time drug selling(well gossip says so) and vandalism but it really isn't too bad a place to live.Compared to The Estate that Colin and Justin are working on where I live is positively idyllic.

Anyway, I am one of lifes worriers and have somebody murdered so close to your own home must be very scarey, my heart goes out to anybody who has to live in that situation.


It seems that tomorrow that I will be on WalesToday, the lunchtime and evening news. You will be able to see the recording on their website. I shall record it from the TV but not watch it, I am not brave enough!Watch out for Beauty's 15 seconds of fame!This morning I dropped SnoWhite off in town at the bus station for her trip to Vienna, I hope everything is ok as she is flying from Stanstead and there is a lot of snow that end of the country( It also seems that within Stanstead airport you have to catch a train to get to your departure gate, a bit like Newark I guess but SnoWhite is afraid she will get lost and miss her stop!).
Here it is just bl**dy cold. Last night I accidently left the heating on and the kitchen was still cold this morning and I usually don't like the heating on at night but I didn't even notice it.

2 comments:

Steve said...

My 5 year old regularly wakes me up before 6am and I've been jokingly saying that I can't wait for him to become a teenager so I can get some sleep... reading your blog I'm now not so sure!

MOTHER OF MANY said...

But as teenagers they leave home and go to university,I am looking forward to September!
COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS!

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.