Tuesday, January 02, 2007

IN SEARCH OF TOMORROWS..............

New Year is such a funny time, Christmas is over but the decorations are still up until 12 th night but the spirit of Christmas has gone. Not that people are outwardly different but the buzz that led up to Christmas has gone and people are going their way in the cold and wet in a sense of isolation(sorry, I know I'm being deep!).
Today I took my recycling to Wedal Road , just lots of green bags, however I was shocked to see how full the place was and I don't mean people. The place was filled with a near mountain of rubbish and old appliances, I realise that appliances wear out but the amount was just amazing. I know this is a bit of a side track but one of my microwaves is 17 years old, Anastasia refuses to use it but Ariel loves it because it was bought with insurance money when she was born. Wedal Road is not a proper council dump just a refuse receiving centre in the middle of the city, this I find quite scary as there are a number of receiving sites around the city so the amount of stuff just dumped and not recycled is phenomenal. My washing machine had died so after Christmas I bought a new one because life with Beauty would be impossible without one. My washing machine is constantly on and when I can it is a short eco-wash.I am very interested in sustainability and places like Brithdir Mawr Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
and I would love to live like that but with Beauty, life would be impossible. They are off the grid-for electricity! I would be spending my entire day washing.
I certainly need to think a lot more about the way that I live with regards to the environment.
My biggest guilt trip are crisp packets! If there are bio-degradable plastic bags why can't they be used for crisps? Beauty, like many autistic and non-autistic children for that matter has food obsessions , one of those being Walkers salt and vinegar crisps.I want the packets to be recyclable or bio-degradable. Carrier bags are recyclable so why can't crisp packets be?
I recycle most things that come through my house but it is the sheer volume of plastic packaging that annoys me, perhaps if taxes were raised on products using non-recyclable or no bio-degradable packaging then manufacturers would be forced to use alternatives. I try to use products without plastic packaging but it is damn near impossible most of the time, manufacturers need a financial slap around the head to wake them up to the damage they are doing.
11:45PM
Beauty is still bouncing around like Tigger, wearing a pink stripey Hello Kitty sweat shirt, pink wings and flourishing the wand of all wand, not only does the wand flash but it makes a noise! She looks like a very energetic pink bumble bee!

No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.