Tuesday, January 30, 2007

DON'T MAKE ME GROVEL

As I sit here necking back medication , I think again about what life must have been like before the advent of all these drugs.I think watching Cadfael on TV was my first real experience of seeing somebody prepare and use natural products in healing and yes I was impressed. I also remember seeing the girls making a love potion in Practical Magicbut I think I was too interested in Goran Visnjic to notice much else of what was going on!
I love the idea of using herbs and natural products as healing remedies and if that was my only alternative then I would definitely use them but unfortunately they just do not do it for me. Hobbling around first thing in the morning with joints that have as yet not woken up with the rest of my body is not fun and the thought of a life without their effects is just too awful to contemplate.
Yes I am lucky to be able to live in a country where I can make an appointment and see a doctor, and get the medication I need(well if the Welsh Assembly has approved it and doesn't think it is too expensive).It must be awful to need expensive medications and find that your county or country does not provide it. I am grateful for everything that Beauty gets but getting certain things for her can be a lot harder work. I am a strong advocate of justice and I believe that all children deserve the best but when the Local Education Authority makes me me grovel and beg for money to pay for essential services at Beauty's school I want to shout at them that they at least need to give me a little dignity. Whilst my employment history has been patchy due to my child bearing years, I have contributed whenever I have been working and Beauty's dad has worked all his adult life so don't make me feel that that I am begging. But them I should be grateful that they treat all parents equally and fairly, they make us all beg and grovel!

PROOF POSITIVE THAT I AM IN NEED OF A HOLIDAY
This morning after dropping Beauty off at school I went up to ASDA, Pontprennau to buy some things for my holiday. For a while now I have felt that ASDA has had a supply and demand problem, it is a case of you buy a product when you see it or the next time you go it is gone and it never comes back. Last week SnoWhite went to Vienna to visit Anastasia and Dimitri and she bought a really nice suitcase from ASDA to use, so this morning I thought I would go and get one as the zip on one of mine broke on our trip to New Orleans. Big Mistake! all the suitcases were gone, totally gone, shipped out, not to be seen again. Then on the way out the clothes that I had bought for Beauty went off on the security alarm as they hadn't gone through the till scanner properly!Save me.
Then I went to WHAT! a bargain shop to by some painting supplies and close to the entrance as you went in was a 4 poster bed for a dog! F-O-R---A---D-O-G! I kid you not.Oh please! I am so losing my sense of humor.
And the final straw came at the till where a 'fur and no nickers' type watched as the shop assistant scanned all her purchases and then after paying and receiving her receipt, Mrs 'no nickers' stood there and allowed the assistant to pack her purchases(you are meant to pack your own), unabashed. I would have been mortified and insisted on doing it myself.

ON THE NEWS

Big Brother bullies should seek professional help says Shilpa

Shilpa Shetty today spoke of her shock after seeing footage of the bullying against her for the first time.She told a national newspaper she had no idea the bullying was so bad until she watched the complete footage of her ordeal.The tearful Big Brother winner said she was "deeply hurt" and added: "I can understand why people complained so much. It isn't just one or two attacks - it's incessant."And she said bullies Jade Goody and Jo O'Meara must seek "professional help" to overcome their problems.

I couldn't agree more!

Now this has p*ssed me off!

Lone parents facing benefit cut
Lone parents could face cuts to their benefits under government plans to get more of them into work.Currently, single parents receive payments until their youngest child is 16. Ministers want to cut that to 11.Work and Pensions Secretary John Hutton says this will stop lone parents moving "seamlessly" on to incapacity benefit once their child-related benefits stop.But charity One Parent Families said many of those affected by the plans were caring for disabled children.In a speech later, Mr Hutton will say Britain has one of the lowest levels of lone parent employment in Europe, with almost half on benefits.He will say he has evidence that up to a third of lone parents move on to incapacity benefit once their child benefit ends as their youngest reaches 16.


Why just Lone Parents? What about couples? So if you are on your own and do not find a job you will lose benefit but if you are a couple it is ok!
Is 'Welfare to Work' working in the USA?
Has the government seen 'Bowling for Columbine'?





1 comment:

Steve said...

Too right - nobody in a "modern" society should have to grovel for a pain free, comfortable, standard of living.

4 poster beds for dogs is, however, taking things step too far!

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.