Tuesday, June 12, 2007

WOULD I LIE?

My children were not happy with me today, they were convinced that I was lying to them!
I have a work list which I print off daily and everyone who is in the house is expected to help complete the work list, though they do not always cooperate as much as I would like. Well today I woke SnoWhite and Fiona(Ariel was already awake) up at 10:30am(yep 10:30am) and they were not impressed when I told them the house had to be cleaned by 12:30md because somebody was coming to fix the light in the (haunted) splash room. They thought that I was lying just to get them to clean the house, well the babies........... sorry that should read Fiona and Ariel-old habits you see, thought that I was lying!I think they were a little surprised when the person arrived to repair the light! It was a bit difficult to get Ariel off the computer and I had to resort to counting to 10 to get her to move(she is the 17 year old remember!). I did frighten Fiona though because as I was counting down I was mid plant watering and holding a full can of water, Fiona convinced Ariel to cooperate because she she was afraid that I might attempt to throw the water over her less than cooperative sibling and as she was between us she would get most soaked.
As if I would do that?

Beauty ate a plateful of homemade pizza, I was very impressed. Beauty is such a picky eater, we now have another thing to add to her 'WILL EAT' food list.

Today I was thinking about autism, not really unusual as Beauty is profoundly autistic but sometimes I go for days without actually thing about autism. I think it is because Beauty is the youngest, she is 9 years younger than Fiona and we think of her as the baby of the family. I think because of this we accepted Beauty's autism very quickly, we just see her as she is and love her so much. Of course we do totally understand that she is autistic but because we see so much progress everyday we do not worry about what she cannot do now.

(A question Anastasia, have you read Me and My World recently? Did you see the Swiffer article?)

No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.