Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I LOVE COLD PIZZA

When I started training as a nurse in 1980 we were treated more as employees than students and were paid a salary rather than a bursary. In my early 30's I stared a degree in History and Welsh and because I had 5 small children I still did not feel like a student but now in my 40's I feel as if I live in a student household(constant arguing over housework). I LOVE the typical student breakfast of cold Pizza, in fact I love to eat cold pizza rather than hot pizza (left overs from last nights homemade, organic evening meal). I think that having a 16 year old, a 17 year old and a 21 year old helps me to have a young outlook on life. But having a 6 year old as well makes me feel as if I am running a children's home. I also feel at times like a referee with the constant arguing(usually politics-Fiona and SnoWhite).

Last night I had another of my infamous dreams, not sleeping properly makes me dream more. Last night I dreamt that I was a contestant on Big Brother with Anastasia, SnoWhite, Jensen Ackles(Dean-Supernatural) and Jared Padalecki(Sam-Supernatural). The five of us were in the final and Sam and Anastasia were evicted first, then myself and the final 2 were Dean and SnoWhite. Unfortunately I awoke before I found out the winner! I didn't think it at the time but looking back SnoWhite must have been really upset that she was left with Dean as she REALLY likes Sam!
I have got to the stage where I am only watching Big Brother on Fridays and reading the email updates, it is so boring this year.Anthea Perfect House Wife is back but Ugly Betty has finished. I also watch Dr Who and Medium, sometimes I watch Cold Case and sometimes I watch Bones and of course 2 pints of lager is on constant repeat. With the way I talk about TV you would think that I watched it constantly but some days I watch none and most days I watch an hour or less. So that means 7 or less TV watching hours a week-that's not bad. I also never watch TV in the day-usually not before 9pm but I will make the exception for Anthea Perfect Housewife as it is on at 8pm and I do like the show a lot. I seem to have lost total interest in SOAPS, I know hardly anyone on Eastenders, Corrie I have lost interest in and I also have no idea what is going on in Emmerdale though I do think it is the funniest of the 3 and it has Marlon(Mark Charnock) who I think is the best soap actor.

Last night Beauty would not go to bed and played the part of a typical 6 year old perfectly. First she kept saying KEYBOARD but when I wouldn't let her on the computer and kept putting her back to bed she started to say CRISPS. When I wouldn't give her any crisps she started to say DRINK but because she had just had one I wouldn't give her one of those either. She settled for me singing her Christmas carols! She loves to listen to Mickey Mouse singing Christmas Carols so she knows all the words to the carols. Her favourite is Joy To The World. Beauty may be autistic but she didn't do anything last night that her sisters haven't done before her-cheeky little moo.

2 comments:

LAA and Family said...

I love being around the younger generation as well. Some young ladies come over and help me clean my house one afternoon each week. They are in college and I swear I can identify with their stage of life better than I can my own stage. Maybe it's because I was a college student for 15 years!

Steve said...

I must admit my own mother rediscovered pop music when me and my sisters were eager record buying teens... I look forward to Ben getting me au fait with the new street lingo and music when he's a bit older too. As it is his interest in kid's TV and toys allows me the perfect excuse to watch it myself and play with his Lego...!

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.