Saturday, April 07, 2007

CELEBRATING SPRING

To celebrate Spring and Easter, my girls filled my planters with fresh compost yesterday ready for the new plants and seeds. Ariel helped Beauty to do a planter all on her own, Beauty really enjoys tasks like these. Beauty loves to come and help when I am cooking, she loves to stir the pot on the cooker. In school they have a cooking lesson every week so she gets lots of experience in the kitchen.
Beauty's hand appears to be less painful for her and her ability to spit medicine increases daily, if Beauty ever wanted to enter a Beauty Pageant then her medicine spitting talent would go down a storm.
Beauty really had a poor night's sleep last night, at first I thought it was a return of the night terrors but it didn't really fit the usual pattern. Every few minutes for what felt the whole night, Beauty was moaning and groaning and finally got up at five am! She is now as happy and bouncing around like a little bunny, watching The Hoobs. She hasn't watched The Hoobs for months and she greeted them when they came on TV like old friends.

Ariel and I discussed photograph copyright yesterday as she felt I might not understand it! If I have ever breached copyright in the past when making my photo shop scrapbook pages or on my blog then I apologise. In future I will know what to do.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Talking of pictures , I have previously said that my favourite painting in the Museum of Wales Cardiff is Running Away With the Hairdresser by Kevin Sinnott. At present my favourite artist is Angel Turner Dyke, I talked about her work on my blog last October and I still think her work is brilliant.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Moon over Bourbon is my favourite painting of hers. I would love to use a similar colour scheme to paint scenes in Cardiff(though I am nowhere near as talented as she is).
I am looking forward to some serious art work when my studio is finished.I am half way through sorting out my spare bedroom as an art studio, when it is finished it will also have a bed in it for visitors. Contrary to popular belief(my children!) I do not enjoy clutter and I love giving unwanted items to a charity shop. Runningman also enjoys disappearing on the weekends to car boot sales and getting rid of all my unwanted items.

1 comment:

Steve said...

The studio sounds a fab idea. When we moved into our house we deliberately set a room aside to be an "office" where I could write. It's definitely become a sort of sanctuary and keeps me sane!

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.