Monday, July 09, 2007

KEEPING IT GREEN


Especially for my girls, I thought you might be interested in this story.
Now you know why I have gravel in my back garden and safety play surface in the front, it keeps me out of jail.

Woman jailed for 'neglected' lawn
Map
A 70-year-old US woman has been left bruised and bloody after an unexpected clash with police who came to arrest her because her lawn was dry and brown.

Trouble flared when Utah pensioner Betty Perry, 70, refused to give her name to an officer trying to caution her for not watering her lawn.

She says the officer hit her with handcuffs, cutting her nose, although police insist she slipped and fell.

Ms Perry said she was "distraught" after the incident.

He's just trying to cover his tracks, as far as I'm concerned
Betty Perry

She denied that she was resisting arrest, maintaining that she turned to go inside to call her son to fix the confusing dispute.

1 comment:

Steve said...

No hose pipe bans in Utah then?! If the garden police pay me a visit I'll be banged to rights... brambles everywhere, moss infesting the lawn and the path is perforated with dandelions...

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.