Thursday, July 19, 2007

I BLAME SNOWHITE!

Sorry I didn't blog yesterday girls but I was too exhausted.
The lease on Snowhites flat runs out on the 31 July so she has been looking for a new flat with little success. However, earlier in the week Fiona, Ariel and I stopped and looked at flats to rent in a flat shop in Cathays and found a couple of 2 bedroom flats for her to see. 1 was in Column Road and the other Wordsworth Avenue and on Tuesday we got SnoWhite and her mate to view them and they took the one on Wordsworth Avenue. I think they are very lucky to get the flat as it is quite special, it is a garden basement flat in a Victorian house in a tree lined street and it has a small garden at the front and quite a large paved garden at the back. The lounge/ dining room is very big and there are 2 double bedrooms and SnoWhite's bedroom has a door that leads out onto the back garden. The living room floor is being re-laid and the kitchen re-fitted before they move in and it is just as cheap as the rental on living in a shared house.
I have promised to paint SnoWhite a picture of a boomerang for the flat because she is a boomerang girl who always ends up coming back home! She came to house sit when I went on holiday in January and never went back to her flat-let's hope that a 2 bed flat share works better. I think that SnoWhite may want to be on her own but she gets lonely when she is in a flat on her own.
On Tuesday night she stayed the night at her mates house in Roath and I had to pick her and her mate up to get them to the flat shop to sign the contracts by 12 mid-day but when I got there they were still asleep so we got to the shop a few minutes late.AND then she didn't have her cheque book so we had to go to my house and then her flat to look for it-luckily we found it in the flat. We also went to the bank in Roath twice and the bank in Canton once to get cash for the deposit and the flat shop fee. AND SnoWhite insisted on going to the baguette shop on Senghennyd Road because they had a better vegetarian choice of baguette! We just got to Beauty's school in time to pick her up without being late.
By the time we got home I was seriously considering batting her around the head or hiding all her WESTLIFE CD's.
Fiona watched Beauty whilst I lay down and I took some pain killers for my then very painful back and joints and I passed out for approximately 3 hours! Most days I lie down a lot due to the pain in my back but if I nap it is usually a very short nap of about half an hour and then I feel lots better. Well after my long sleep yesterday I was walking around like an old woman-no I wouldn't say I walked, I hobbled.

Tomorrow is Beauty's last day of school before the summer holidays, there is no play scheme this year so I see our summer being filled with visits to the beach, the park, the farm, the museum and St Fagans-all the places that Beauty loves to visit.

We have had sunshine now for 2 days and it is very pleasant. I was sat in the car yesterday waiting for SnoWhite to come out of the bank and the smell of the heat in the air reminded me of the summers when I was young ,playing on the field behind my house.

3 comments:

Steve said...

We're desperately hoping that the good weather stretches itself a little further - we're off to Cornwall in just over a week's time and would love to have some good weather for our hols for once!

Anonymous said...

And we're hoping for rain... can't win.. everyone wants what they don't have.

Normal I guess.

S.

MOTHER OF MANY said...

We seem to have had one of the wettest summers on record so far, well at least that means no hose pipe ban and the reservoirs are full.

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.