Saturday, September 09, 2006

SUPERIOR TEMPORAL SULCUS


Or to you and me, the site in the brain where the teenage hissy-fit originates.
Last night was a quiet evening as the house was empty of all teenagers so all Superior Temporal Sulcus sites were out of action. The article that I read said that young people are unable to fully appreciate the feelings of others until they are 20>30 and that is why they hissy-fit. Nice to know it has a name. Next time Fiona starts blaspheming and shouting and paddying I shall say,' Stop your sulcus', and feed her some more energy drinks! Fiona and Ariel are at Youth convention and their Church leaders are nothing like Meredith's(Dooce's niece) leaders who are supposed to be 'cute', 'hot' or 'total babes'. I think Meredith used the term 'cute' to describe the President! Yes, I think I agree with cute, in a sweet grand-fatherly way, Brigham Young wouldn't have liked the term 'cute' but hey as they say, 'times they are a changing'.

Another early wake-up call, Beauty up about six and she watched Madagascar ON REWIND, again. So I gave her a new copy of Rapunzel that I had bought and Madagascar and Mr Chew have gone on holiday, Beauty is now sat happily watching Rapunzel, Ofal Gofal,Hobie the rabbit, Penelope the dragon and the Pansy Prince(in a MetroSexual man way), the Prince struts around like he has a pine cone in his pants. I'm lovi'n it!

Wierd kind of weather day, one moment it is overcast and then it is sunny again, I blame the government! Why? Like the goats, because I can! However it is warm enough so it can't be all bad. Warm weather and no teenagers(or men, dogs, cats) in the house, my own private Idaho.
I will definitely grow old with no men, pets or any other kind of clutter, just me and Beauty until she becomes rich and famous and flies the nest.

No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.