Thursday, August 02, 2007

WILL THIS DAY NEVER END!

Yesterday was day number 2 of MOVING SNOWHITE .
We didn't get the keys until mid-day and even then we couldn't move in until 4pm when the builders had finished. But they hadn't finished-they just went home! The kitchen is still unplumbed and no water but they moved in anyway. And the front of the cooker is attractively decorated with Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles.
There was still a load to come out of SnoWhite's father's house but during the evening Fiona and Ariel decided they wanted to go to a church youth activity, so the final trip was abandoned.
It is a lovely area and I shall take some photos when the rains stop. The houses are late Victorian 3/4 storey properties and SnoWhite has the garden flat. They remind me of American brownstones with the steps at the front. The next door property is beautifully maintained and is owned by one family and the guy who lives there said Hi to us when he came home from work.
I am in fact glad it is raining and the forecast says the rain will not stop until mid-day, I need a little recovery time before I go and finish SnoWhites moving.
It wasn't such a fun day for Beauty as she had to come with me everywhere in the car but she had plenty to eat and drink which made her happy. Her day was made complete when she asked for an ICE U SQUEAMER and we stopped at MacDonald's and bought her a plain McFlurry.
We did bump into Beauty's speech therapist in the evening and Beauty completely ignored her, what a nice child. I had just bought her a comic and so she was way too busy to be indulging in idle chit-chat!
Beauty's speech has increased tremendously, she will repeat anything, sings constantly and her ability to request things is improving brilliantly. I can see her asking for pocket money soon and her own car! Her favourite response is OH NO when I tell her it is time for bed.
Instead of saying YOGHURT she pronounces it YOU-GUT and it sounds so sweet when she says it. With her sweet older sisters, especially Fiona who has the ability to flip faster than a coin, I am very impressed that Beauty has of yet not said any swear words. I may not be a clairvoyant but I can so see the future with Beauty swearing at one of her teachers.........as I have said before, I will blame SnoWhite!

No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.