Wednesday, August 08, 2007

ALL GROWN UP

For the last year or so we have had a combination video/DVD player which worked well but broke 3 times due to Beauty's less than gentle treatment. She somehow managed to break the DVD drawer and in the end I bought a new player but left the old one in place as the video still worked. Well last night at Ariel's party they decided to watch a DVD and decided to install the new player, however Beauty was not aware of this and only realised at the end of the DVD when the screen came up and it was pretty obvious there was a recorded film in the player.
Well so much for children with autism not liking change and crowds, Beauty pushed her way through the large crowd of 18 year olds(girls and guys) and was up at the TV happily punching buttons in a flash, she can use that DVD/video player better than I can! She has spent the morning watching Bambi on video.........on rewind! Does anyone know why it is always rewind?

As you all know I am a vegetarian, I have never really thought of it as a big deal, just something that gradually happened over the years.When I was younger I didn't eat a lot of anything and was a size 8(US 4) and that was thought of as skinny then, when the girls were young meat was mostly chicken and then I stopped eating meat and finally I stopped eating fish as well. I have never forced it on the girls and they are old enough to cook what they want if they don't like my vegetarian meals, though they do miss my corned beef hash pie. Well last night I cooked chicken pieces, chicken nuggets, scotch eggs and sausages and this morning I was awakened by Ariel shoving a tub of dead pig(sausages) under my nose asking me if I wanted one. She was very apologetic when I reminded her I was vegetarian..........I wonder how long it will take them to remember?
In a few days Ariel will be off to army cadet camp for 2 weeks and she will be back for a couple of days and then off to Florida for 3 weeks to visit Belle, Fiona will also be going to Florida. And then she will be going to University-WOW doesn't time fly? I turned around for a second and here she is all grown up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My baby starts school full time this Sept....

Where does the time go????

S.

Steve said...

Bambi on rewind? Makes sense if you're a kid - the sad death scene becomes one of resurrection! So much happier. And spiritual too!

MOTHER OF MANY said...

Thankyou for that Steve, I think you have a little of my Pollyanna gene.

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.