Monday, August 13, 2007

OUR HOPE FOR THE FUTURE

Did James Blunt say STOP THE MARCH INTO PRISTINA, I'VE FORGOTTEN MY BOOTS!
I doubt it very much!
This morning I had to drop Ariel off at the army barracks to go to an army camp in Kent for 2 weeks, at 7am she was straightening her hair(!) and running around looking for her boots when she realised she had left her boots at her father's house! Thankfully he lives 2 minutes from the barracks so at 7:11am I am rushing through Cardiff to get Ariel's boots so she can be at the barracks by 7:30am.
We made it.
The worst bit........I had Ariel sat beside me in the car, doing her makeup........in full uniform!
I am so glad it was early and not many could see us because even though she had her cadet badges on most people would think she was army because she is old enough and looks old enough and putting on your makeup in your mother's people carrier whilst wearing full army uniform doesn't instill the right amount of confidence! I wonder if she will have her eyelashes dyed when she joins the army?
Wow! that was a typical female thought.
I had a really uneasy drive home thinking about all those children I had left at the barracks, in a few years they could be cannon fodder, dead in a foreign ditch. I am definitely a person who does not believe in war BUT I also believe that we should fully support the military whilst they are in the services and afterwards.

No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.