Thursday, August 16, 2007

I DID IT!

I placed an online order for groceries with ASDA (Walmart) and it should arrive tomorrow afternoon. I am a bit nervous to see if it works as I have heard about people getting substitutions for what they order but if it saves traipsing around a supermarket it must be good. Any bits and pieces I need I will get from the local shop.
I also ordered a new mattress, I have been meaning to order it for a while but I never got around to it, however after ordering the groceries I decided it was time to order the mattress too. I am still reeling at the shock of how much I spent, it will only take me 4 weeks to pay for it but it is more than I have ever spent on a bed AND a mattress! It is an orthopedic mattress and so if it helps me sleep it will be money well spent.
I think the guinea pigs are hatching an escape plan. Their hutch door has a wire front and it secured on the inside by a wooden frame, a sandwich effect.Well for the last 2 days they have been chewing their way through the inside of the frame and no matter how many times I tell them off(yeh I know, like they understand) they will not stop. It is so sweet(sad moo) to watch the piggy boys sleep, when they were new they were so nervous they never seemed to sleep or if they did I never saw them. Now I see them taking naps all the time which is good to see that they feel safe. Though yesterday when I was cleaning out the hutch Beauty tried to get in with them and I'm sure that can't be good for them as I have heard that guinea pigs have weak hearts and Beauty must appear like a giant to them, heck she scares me when I awake to see her stood over me by my bed at night!
I have to admit that this YouTube video is weird

but often I turn around to find one of the guinea pigs just staring at me and I think that I am so glad that guinea pigs are herbivores after watching it!

4 comments:

Steve said...

It sounds like even now your guinea pigs are working out a complicated strategy to chew their way out of the cage and get to wherever you keep their food hidden. Either than or they are planning their own shopping trip to Asda. I'd hide the car keys if I were you... sneaky creatures, guinea pigs...!

MOTHER OF MANY said...

I agree, guinea pigs are sneaky little buggers. I have added more timothy hay, empty toilet rolls and a wooden play tunnel to encourage chewing on something other than the cage! I can see it now, I awake one morning to find Beauty and the guinea pigs have taken the car and gone to ASDA or PETS AT HOME for supplies. Beauty may be autistic and not speak much but she is so clever she scares me at times.She is the only one in the house who knows how to make the TV work properly and she is a computer genius.She taught herself to use the computer and plays games I couldn't figure out but then I think all kids are like that today.

LAA and Family said...

I would just LOVE to be able to do my grocery shopping on-line and have it delivered! A few years ago we were able to negotiate prices on-line for select grocery items with PriceLine.com That was so much fun. If your bid was accepted you could print out a coupon and take it to a participating store. Lots of times they didn't have the item though. Did you get your delivery yet?

With all you have to go through, you deserve a GOOD mattress so you can get some GOOD sleep :) !!

MOTHER OF MANY said...

The shopping delivery came and was on time. There were substitutes to the ready meals that I buy for the girls but they like the substitutes so there is no problem there.It was wonderful, no walking around a huge supermarket and the delivery guy put all the shopping on the kitchen floor so very little carrying for me.I will definitely be doing my weekly shopping that way in future, it is brilliant.Usually a shopping trip leaves me exhausted for the rest of the day but no more.

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.