Tuesday, September 25, 2007

ON BEING A LUDDITE

I really don't think there is a problem being a LUDDITE...........so speaks the daily blogger!
For instance
I do not have an IPOD BECAUSE I hate earphones as they give me a headache(well so does jazz and certain other music even without the earphones!).
I have a mobile phone BUT do not use it BECAUSE even the on/off buttons confuses me(I kid you not-ask my children!) and because if I have my mobile with me when I am out in the car then it is easier to get hold of me for my offspring to ask for lifts.
I try to use my car as little as possible, however not because I do not agree with the technology but mostly because other drivers PI** me off SO MUCH.Plus driving makes my joints ache!
I have a laptop BUT do not use it very often, not because I cannot use a computer(daily blogger remember!) but mostly because it was bought to do my dissertation for my masters and I just haven't gotten around to it yet!
I do not think that I am a true LUDDITE but I think that a lot of it is as I have grown older my brain finds the learning and re-learning of technology to use cameras, phones, computers etc just to taxing and when I go on holiday I do not blog for the week and it really does not bother me.My life at present is extremely tiring with one thing and another and I really do seem to enjoy easy-on-the-mind activities such as painting and drawing.That is why when I watch programs such as Outrageous Wasters I think WOW, NOW THAT WOULD MAKE A BRILLIANT HOLIDAY!
Or there is also the other theory that I am just way too lazy!

No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.