Sunday, May 27, 2007

CATCHING UP TIME

Yesterday was a day of weddings and I am exhausted and I didn't ACTUALLY go to either of the weddings.
Wedding number one was in church and was the wedding of a friend who I grew up with and she also worked as a youth worker with my older girls so they wanted to go. Beauty being Beauty, we couldn't go inside as Beauty loves to sing the Neighbours theme tune when she gets inside a church but I saw a lot and heard a lot through the glass doors. I managed to occupy Beauty by giving her a pot of Pringles which she now calls Mingoes. When Beauty made too much noise we went through to the hall where the reception was to be held, without the threat of going into church Beauty was really well behaved and I helped put out the reception food. Also helping was the son of a friend, this young man had come to Anastasia's first birthday party and given her a birthday kiss.........and given her Measles(he happily reminded me!) When he started putting the Pringles on the table he walked straight up to Beauty and ask her if she wanted more Pringles for her box to which she replied, 'I AM HUNGRY', there was a lot of emphasis in her reply which was said in a YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO TELL. Well I was amazed! Where did that come from? She says nothing for years and then these random ,perfectly formed sentences escape from her little world.Autism is such a strange thing.
Wedding number 2 was in Caerphilly, I didn't go as I am an out-law in that family(ex-husband number 1) but Anastasia, Dimitri, SnoWhite, Ariel and Fiona went. I stayed at wedding number one for as long as I could(or as long as Beauty would let me!), obviously taking a few photographs. My best friend from my mid-teens was there(her brother had played the music at 2 of my weddings and he probably played yesterday but I couldn't see), I sometimes wonder if the wedding is really for the bride and groom or for the friends and relatives to catch up. Catching up is good. When Beauty would suffer it no longer we were forced to leave, definitely not enough catching up time with Beauty around!

No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.