Tuesday, September 22, 2009

When I am old I shall wear purple!

Yes ,Saturday 'till now is a long time but I have been feeling pretty grotty so sorry about not writing and keeping you updated.
This morning I visited the Doctor about the pains in my arm and my finger and he thinks it is related to my FMS and there is not a lot can be done about it.Well as long as my arm does not wither and drop off I can go with that!
It is the sleeplesss nights that are the biggest problems.
If only the nights that the pains in my arm kept me awake corresponded with the nights that Beauty decides to stay awake and party!

And Saturday Beauty and I did party, though not in the night.
We went to The New Theatre in town to watch the Josesph musical and Beauty loved it.We had brilliant seats that were on the end about three rows from the front which gave us a perfect view. I know that Beauty knows all the words to all the songs so I was surprised that she did not sing along BUT she has been singing the songs since......constantly!

Yesterday I started my creative writing class and it was quite interesting.
The class was held at The Howardian education centre and I was really surprised to see so many classes available for one morning, I have never been to such a large education centre before.
In the first class we separated into 3 groups and each group discussed a poem about ageing and then presented their findings.I was in the group that discussed and presented the poem Warning ,better known as When I Am Old I Shall Wear Purple.
Afterwards we had to write a response to what we had discussed and studied.
In 10 minutes I wrote the following,remember ......10 minutes is a very short time!

Now I am older
And my children older too,
I no longer have to worry
Or do the things I had to do.

I eat Sugar Puffs for my supper
And cold pizza at breakfast time,
Even though I know I shouldn't,
Guilt is no longer a trait of mine.



Not much I know but it is a start.
And I have to finish the poem as homework.


2 comments:

Steve said...

You've definitely caught the spirit of the original poem!

MOTHER OF MANY said...

Thanks Steve,
I know the rhyming scheme and the words are pretty simple but I have aleays been a fan of the poet Idris Davies and he was into 'simple,easy to read poetry' and so I also like to write like that.
I shall try something a bit more difficult next time!

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.