Friday, September 25, 2009

I LOVE RED!

Beauty having a splashing good time in San Diego



It has been a worrying day as far as Beauty is concerned.
Beauty has had separation anxiety attacks since she was quite small but not in the traditional sense.
She has always been very happy to go to school and to go out with the childminders but she dislikes it when people who visit her leave. She also doesn't like it when I am not around and says 'where's she gone?'
When we went to the US for the summer and had to say goodbye to friends and she was absolutely distraught and still asks where they are.She cried for hours with that episode.
Today after school we went to the shops to buy her some new waterproof trousers for wearing in the school garden and Forest School and our friend the IT man came with us.Well the 2 of them played in the shop like a pair of naughty 3 year olds and she really enjoyed the time they spent together.Well the moment we arrived home and she knew he wasn't coming into the house she became distraught and started to cry 'Where's he gone' over and over and she started to cry and wouldn't stop.
And anyone who knows Beauty well knows that her crying is not a pretty sight as her skin is so pale that when she cries she becomes all blotchy and it looks as if she has an incurable disease!
So we lay down on the sofa and cuddled for an hour until the crying subsided.
Don't worry, she is fine now.
I am worried about this as this is the second time in a couple of months and before that it was maybe a year since her last anxiety attack.
I have googled separation anxiety and treatments but everything I have read seems to be geared for normally developing children and so I am at a loss as what to do apart from lay down with her and cuddle her.





COLOUR THERAPY

Colour Therapy is a complementary therapy for which there is evidence dating back thousands of years to the ancient cultures of Egypt, China and India. Colour is simply light of varying wavelengths, thus each colour has its own particular wavelength and energy.

The energy relating to each of the seven spectrum colours of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet, resonates with the energy of each of the seven main chakras/energy centres of the body. If you can imagine the chakras as a set of cogs/wheels, they are rather like the workings of a clock or an engine; each cog/wheel needs to move smoothly for the clock/engine to work properly. Thus good health and wellbeing is achieved by a balance of all these energies. Balance of the energy in each of the body’s chakras is very important for health and wellbeing. Colour therapy can help to re-balance and/or stimulate these energies by applying the appropriate colour to the body and therefore re-balance our chakras.








Well ,until I study this a bit more then I am afraid this is all a little bit deep for me but the point that I want to make is that I love colour and I think I need to add a bit of colour into my life to cheer me up because of the changeable weather we are having at the moment.






And at the moment my favourite colour is RED.






Last night I bought a lovely Egyptian cotton sheet in a sale and it is now on my bed cheering me up.



I think the sheet goes very well with my vintage pillowcases(by vintage I mean 1980's, I find it scary when I see things for sale on EBAY described as vintage when they are circa 1980!).

At the moment I am taking Beauty to bed an hour early and I either go to bed myself or sit in bed and read or write or knit until she goes to sleep so it is nice to have the bedroom looking so cheery.


2 comments:

Steve said...

Aw bless her. I guess she wants people she likes to always be around - we all want that but are able to be realistic about it. I don't doubt her pain is very real. Not sure what you can do about it really - it's not even a situation that you can avoid!

MOTHER OF MANY said...

The problem is that she has no anticipation of the future.Her life is today and now and so if you leave then you have left her existence BUT she does seem to be understanding more and more as she gets older so there is hope.

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.