Thursday, April 17, 2008

WOOBIE



When Beauty started school a boy in her class used to wear his hat and scarf and jumper everywhere, even in summer. I remember thinking how sweet it was.....no more!
Beauty wears her hat and scarf whenever she can and gets really emotional when told she cannot wear them. On holiday in the Canaries I had to hide her hat and scarf in the lining of the suitcase!
The weather has been quite nice for the last few days but that doesn't stop Beauty wanting to go to school in a cardigan, hat,scarf and coat!
Fiona at 16 is just as bad!
She insists on wearing her coat everywhere.....I am so going to have to hide it!
I shall take it to Terminal 5.....we will never see it again!

Talking of Fiona.....she didn't have to be in college until the afternoon yesterday but she was up and out of the house by 9:15am! She went to work in the library on some of her coursework, I was very impressed.


Whilst doing research for my portrait piece I have really become interested in surrealism and the use of colour. Today I came across the work of Paul Simonon ( The Clash)and I am really impressed with his use of colour.





The iconic picture of Simonon performing with The Clash.







The 16th May Anniversary Thomas Williams Fine Art Gallery


Dolores Thomas Williams Fine Art Gallery

I think the use of colour is amazing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

M latches on to certain items like that too. For months it has been a sweater she insists on wearing to bed and around the house. I won't let her wear it outside. Luckily, she is okay with that. If she refused I am sure I would not know what to do. Good luck!

Steve said...

That is a fantastic use of colour - really bold and vivid but warm too.

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.