Sunday, April 20, 2008

DEJA VU

"Parents alive, Gloucestershire, teachers. Him geography, her history. So holidays it would be "Dad, where are we? Mum, have we been here before?"
Nina.....Truly, Madly, Deeply


Blogging has become increasingly difficult due to my dizzy spells.
I find that all I want to do is lie down, when I am standing or sitting and I turn my head I get very dizzy and nauseous. I am also experiencing Deja vu constantly and no I am being totally serious! I find great difficulty in holding conversations because when I start to think about something my mind starts to remind me that I have already thought about that thing. It makes it really difficult to keep a conversation going as your train of thought is constantly being distracted.I checked it out on the internet and it seems that the whole Deja vu thing could be caused by the fact that recently I had a massive migraine which is still lurking in the form of a constant dull headache.
Wikipedia offer a number of possible reasons and I think I go with their ideas of

'this may result from an overlap between the neurological systems responsible for short-term memory (events which are perceived as being in the present) and those responsible for long-term memory (events which are perceived as being in the past). In other words, the events would be stored into memory before the conscious part of the brain even receives the information and processes it.'

'with miscommunication of the two cerebral hemispheres and abnormally fast neuronal firing also given as explanations for the sensation.'

As well I think the whole Deja vu thing is caused by the headache I had as it has happened in the past to me, post headache.
Some have suggested that Deja vu is also possibly linked to reincarnation..... however my boring brain thinks NOT A CHANCE!
But if we had lived before,who would you have liked to be?
For me, possibly Florence Nightingale or St Bernadette or Princess Diana.....Yep, I am officially weird!

For Ariel
This is Lifehouse (and Sam and Dean of course!).

2 comments:

Steve said...

Oh poor you! Hope you're feeling much better soon!

MOTHER OF MANY said...

I am.....or have I already said that?

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.