Friday, April 11, 2008

WHAT'S OCCURRING

The above catchphrase appears to be the greeting of choice at present for my teenagers.
It has been made popular by the BBC show Gavin and Stacey(which I love) which is set in Essex and Barry Island in the Vale of Glamorgan. I grew up in Rhoose and went to school in Barry, so whilst I have quite a bland accent I do have the occasional times when it is pretty obvious where I am from. Ruth Jones who plays Nessa is a brilliantly funny actress and her accent in the show is very Barry but very strong Barry and sometimes when I say something I think OH MY GOSH.....I SOUND JUST LIKE NESSA!


Ruth Jones in Nighty Night























It seems that the series has been picked up by an American company and will be re-made for an American audience.

NESSA-WHAT DOES THAT SIGN SAY?





THIS IS NOT A METAPHOR.....
I was awoken at 3:50am and I was being KICKED IN THE HEAD(repeatedly)!
It was the 7 year olds way of saying her sock had come off and she was showing me her bare foot to let me know. After searching fruitlessly for the said sock I found it easier to give her my own socks, within seconds she was again sleeping peacefully-strange child!

2 comments:

Steve said...

I loved Ruth Jones in Little Britain and also in Saxondale. I think she's absolutely gorgeous!

MOTHER OF MANY said...

OH.....
me too!

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.