Tuesday, October 23, 2007

IGGLE PIGGLE, RATATOUILLE AND RATATOUILLE TOO!

According to Wikipedia, all the symptoms(apart from the lumps of course) I have had in the last few years point to me being merely sleep deprived and YES I can agree with that. After 7 years of not having a good nights sleep, I feel like my brain is fraying at the edges. The Wikipedia article on Sleep Deprivation talks about lack of sleep being used as a technique of torture, though I personally cannot see it's usefulness as I would SAY ANYTHING to be allowed to have a good night's sleep sometimes.
However, perhaps all the signs and symptoms I exhibit are merely the signs and symptoms of getting old! Oh Well, I shall just have to get used to wearing more purple and get used to watching Last of the Summer wine!

Ivy, Edie & Nora Batty in Last of the Summer Wine


When I Am Old.

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat that doesn't go, and doesn't suit me,
And I shall spend my pension
on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals,
and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I am tired,
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells,
And run my stick along the public railings,
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick the flowers in other people's gardens,
And learn to spit.
You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat,
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go,
Or only bread and pickle for a week,
And hoard pens and pencils and beer mats
and things in boxes.
But now we must have clothes that keep us dry,
And pay our rent and not swear in the street,
And set a good example for the children.
We will have friends to dinner and read the papers.
But maybe I ought to practise a little now?
So people who know me
are not too shocked and surprised,
When suddenly I am old
and start to wear purple!

Jenny Joseph
When I am old .. I shall wear purple!



Beauty now seems to have her own personal entourage!
She just came downstairs complete with Iggle Piggle AND his blanket,Ratatouille and Ratatouille Too!

Iggle Piggle





Ratatouille

4 comments:

Steve said...

Wear purple by all means but don't torture yourself with Last Of The Summer Wine!

MOTHER OF MANY said...

Yep. I think it would be torture, I have never managed to watch an entire episode yet!

Marla said...

Lack of sleep is torture! Our sleep schedule has improved but it took about eight years for our daughter to sleep through the night!

MOTHER OF MANY said...

I know when I am (really) old and Beauty is all grown and well behaved and sleeps beautifully(ha!) I shall look back and think of these times with very fond memories!
My question is though
WHY CAN'T I HAVE THE FOND MEMORIES AND SLEEP NOW!

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.