Wednesday, May 10, 2006

SPEAK ONLY IF YOU CAN IMPROVE UPON SILENCE
I constantly wonder what goes on in the mind of a five year old diagnosed with autism. Beauty is at the stage where she is chatting or singining constantly. However, only by listening carefully can you make out what she is singing with the exception of Old MacDonalds farm and that can be HEARD and understood by the people in the house at the end of the street. Beauty will sing and sing and sing, even when you are trying to watch tv and no amount of persuasion will make her stop. Therefore, when Beauty is in school or asleep (which doesn't seem to happen often enough) I like to enjoy the silence of my own home. Silence in my home though is a rare commodity. Less than 1/4 of a mile from my house over the last six months two new housing estates have been and still are being built. So there has been constant noise. My 16 year old seems to have a form of tourettes that a high proportion of teenage girls seem to have, I blame tv. What does 'shamon ' mean ? Has a new language evolved that I know nothing about? However, one of the noisiest things in my house is the computer, some young people today seem unable to use the computer without music blaring out of it and they bash the keyboard so hard I am sure it will not last the summer holidays. Yes I am getting old, soon I will be wearing purple and sitting on the pavement in the street just to get some silence.
As per usual, Beauty gave me an early wake up call at approximately 5am. Again we watched The Care Bears Movie. I can always tell when sleep deprivation starts to kick in, this morning I started to analyse the philosophical elements in the Care Bear Movie and then when I got tired of that I started looking for continuity errors in the movie. All this whilst knitting to try and keep myself awake. At the moment I am knitting a blanket which I shall call Bashful and Blush, I am making it with a light pink and a dark pink wool.
Knitting has been described as Zen like, I enjoy the tactile element of knitting and the sense of acomplishment when I complete something. However at the moment I have no sense of acomplishment when I complete other tasks such as the cleaning of my living room, Why? because I know for a surety that within 10 minutes the five year old will have completed her demolition of the afore said room. Beauty does have an affinity with construction workers however so you can see where her demolition urges come from, her first words were not mum or dad but BOB THE BUILDER. Now is that wierd or is that wierd.
Amazing thunder and lightning storm this evening(sorry if I sound like the weatherman), the sky seemed filled with fork and sheet lightning.Huge downpour saved me the task of watering my plants which are comimg along nicely. My garden,which I admit is small, is now a nice place to sit and chill,
Hwyl
Mother of Many

No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.