Wednesday, May 24, 2006

EAT,DRINK AND BE MERRY


Piano Man has had 3 strokes since friday but he seems to be doing well, speech is back and paralysis gone but just a little weakness left in his right side. He always said he had a constitution of an ox and could eat anything and I always told him that was a load of bloody bollocks AND now he believes me. I am tring to convert him to the way of the organic vegetarian but for the meat eating killing machine(ex-army bandsman) it is just a little drastic. He keeps threatening to discharge himself and I keep threatening to take all his clothes, shoes and money whilst he is asleep and he knows that I mean it. It has been 6 years since I worked at the University Hospital and the work force seems to have changed so much.I started nurses training in 1980 and there were always lots of asian doctors but now the makeup of the nursing force is diverse in ways it never was before. On the ward that Piano Man is on there is a nurse who is probably fom Malaysia, a nurse who I think is from India, a British born nurse of Pakistani descent a nurse who is muslim and wears a long sleeve top and the scarf and the cleaners are from Poland. The work force are very caring and very efficient and this city has always been very cosmopolitan but I was nursing before the nurses came from other countries in such large numbers so for me it is just so different.
I love the summer, Big Brother is back, hurrah!
I am not a religious person so I believe that you only have one life and so I feel you should make the best of it and live it to the full. If you want to watch Big Brother, Eastenders, Coronation Street, Emmerdale( one of the funniest tv soaps and Marlon Dingle is an amazing actor) and any other non-pseudo intellectual bullshit then go for it. What is the point of living a grey, miserable life devoid of all fun but being able to say, ' ah but I never watched rubbish tv'. Well good for you, all my adult life I have been a mother and a nurse( and I am happy with what I did) and I feel I have contributed to society but I am beginning to feel like I missed out on having 'ME time fun'. If you don't hurt anyone else then go have fun, I read a report that said by doing lots of different things it makes your life seem longer and following a boring pattern week in week out leads to the feeling of a shorter life.
I love Pete in Big Brother,he is so sweet and there is no way he is being exploited for his Tourettes, he seems one of the happiest most well balanced individuals I have come across. I hope you win.
I had the wierdest text message today, it said 'Mi3 is brilliant', ok well I'm really happy for you whoever you are, just take me off your speed dial.
The Bubbles Baby Blanket at Crochet Pattern Central is meant to be really easy to make and can be done very quickly and my answer to that is 'WHATEVER', I have tried and tried and tried again but it just doesn't look right, it looks good but just not like the photograph. I have decided to make it up the way it is going now and when I see my Crochet Expert then she can show this idiot how to do it properly. I have just finished crocheting car seat covers, very hippy 60's looking, cool man.
Remember, live and love life.
Eat, drink and be merry ...............
Hwyl
Mother of Many

No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.