Wednesday, May 17, 2006

SICKDAY EXCUSE-THE VOICES TOLD ME TO STAY HOME AND CLEAN ALL THE GUNS



I'm not really that interested in celeb gossip but if it's happy happenings type of celeb gossip then I'm your girl. I'm just fed up of people getting divorced, people going off with someone else(don't get me started on Brian McFadden) and people being just nasty to each other. I've never been that keen on Heather Mills McCartney, I don't know why I felt that way as she never did me any harm but today I read that she and Paul McCartney are to separate and all I want to say to them is just stop it. I just want the two of them to be happy together.
I feel quite miserable as I have a mega head cold, thanks to Beauty who is great at picking up any bug that is going around and then very generous with sharing them with the rest of her family. I am using a decongestant, painkillers and throat tablets but they don't seem to be doing very much.
Perhaps I should play Pollyanna's Glad Game, you know the one she played with her Dad when a pair of crutches came in the Ladies Aiders barrel instead of the doll she wanted, he said be glad you don't need the cruthes. Well, here's the rub, I do need the crutches because of my arthritis - but you know I'm sure as hell glad that I only need the crutches and not the wheelchair that is gathering dust in my hallway at the moment. So what's a snivelling cold in comparison to a lot worse illnesses that I could have. I 've just re-read what I wrote and I sound like a right sap. However I am a sick sap, that's my excuse. I just looked up the Sickday Excuse Generator and it says my excuse for today should be,
The voices told me to stay home and clean all the guns.
Now that is scarey!
Oh yes and it's raining again so of course I am grateful for my tumble dryer. It is very difficult to live without a tumble dryer when you have a 5 year old who just loves Wotsits.
So whilst you lot are out there cold free, spare a thought for me lying on my sofa, aching all over with an inhaler up my nose and still working to finish off cleaning my guns, even though I am ill.
Hwyl
Mother of Many

No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.