Thursday, May 18, 2006

SICKDAY EXCUSE #2- MY STIGMATA'S ACTING UP



According to one of the other mothers at school this morning, if I had these symptoms
and I were a man, then I would have the flu and would need to take to my bed. Unfortunately I am a women and I have a really bad head cold, at times my head feels as if it is about to explode.
As for todays sickday excuse from the Sickday Excuse Generator, the funny thing is on Easter Sunday I had a wound in my right palm that would not stop bleeding. It really looked like a stigmata however it was definitely not spontaneous but the result of 2 glasses falling into my hand as I tried to get a glass from the glass cupboard. I will never again attempt to catch a falling glass, let it smash. It probably only cost about 20p in a multi-pack from Asda/Walmart.
However if it were an antique I am sure I would think differently.
Can you imagine though going to church on Easter Sunday with a bandaged bleeding palm,
now what would the rest of the congregation think ?
1- You accidently cut yourself(most normal and sane guess)
2- You cut yourself so you could have a stigmata
3- You had a real stigmata
I personally wouldn't go back to church until it had healed, I may be a fruit loop but I'm not that bad. Come to think of it however it might be worth going just to see the reactions and the swing on the fruit-loop-a-meter.
Awoken unceremoniously this morning at stupid o'clock to find Beauty sat by my head poking her finger into my cheeks and eyes, she wanted to watch a DVD and couldn't get it to work.
I don't do mornings.
Last night Beauty spent hours going through her toy tub finding toys she could sing about, InceyWwincey Spider, This little fishey, Old MacDonald(of course) etc.
This is something I have always done, the girls say that I have a song for eveything and that I only need to hear a word and I can find a song with that word in it. No testing please, I am sure there are words that I could not fit into a song for example - tourettes(oops I didn't mean this to be a challenge), there may be a song out there but I don't know it.
It must be the bad weather and my cold but I keep thinking that a holiday in the sun would be nice.We have had two days of rain but I doubt that it will make any difference to the drought predictions for the summer, I remember the dry, hot summer of 76 and that kind of summer is nothing to look forward to. It makes you wonder though how countries like Spain cope every summer yet a few dry weeks and we have a drought. A bit like the wrong kind of snow I suppose!
Mary Poppins said,'I never explain anything', this is a quote I toltally believe in. I feel that you should only share what you feel comfortable with as you never know when something you say might come back to bite you in the butt. Look at all the celebs and the kiss and tells that have been written about then. I desire no 15minutes of fame.
My mother was born in the late 20's and was brought up by a great aunt as her mother and grandmother were dead. My mother was a very superstitious person and I think it was to do with being brought up by older relatives in an isolated country area. She was brought up on a small-holding in Lincolnshire and I once read the Country Child by Alison Uttley and that's exactly how I picture my mothers childhood. During my childhood I remember my mother having lots of superstitious sayings such as 'stir with a knife,stir with strife', 'never do washing on New Years Day', 'never touch the window sills when there is thunder and lightning', etc.
Today I followed a link to an Icelandic group called Sigur Ros, they have videos on their website so go listen to them. They are really amazing and the photography work is stunning. Their work is beautiful and haunting, a definite must to listen to.
Hwyl
(for now)
Mother of Many










No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.