Friday, May 12, 2006

THE LION SHALL LIE DOWN WITH THE LAMB

This morning I took Beauty to school and the procedure is that we take the children into the hall and wait for the teachers to arrive and collect the children.The school that Beauty attends is for children with physical and learning issues that can only really be addressed in a non-mainstream school. When I enter the school I feel that somehow I am entering the real world and outside all the problems exist, not in the school. Beauty and her friends in the school have a natural purity that is sweet and beautiful and is something that 'normally developing'(whatever that means) people like me can strive a whole life time for and it still be beyond our grasp.On the piano in the hall I saw a toy lamb and a toy lion and immediately thought about something I had heard in sunday school as a child, THE LION SHALL LIE DOWN WITH THE LAMB. I remembered the story about how there would one day only be peace and I am pretty sure that the toys related to this story as the school is really into christian songs and stories. I did strongly feel that these children had nothing they could possibly learn from the morals of christian stories, I did feel however that I had a lot to learn from the children. If I lived all my life doing the best I could I knew I could never achieve what they have now.
I had a really exciting day today, it was sunny all day so I spent most of my day doing washing......... can life really get anymore interesting?
After picking Beauty up from school we decided to make the most of the weather and have our tea in the park. We decided to have our 'forget the diet' splurge. I had pineapple in batter and chips(I am pretty sure it wasn't organic but I console myself with it being vegetarian), Belle had a chicken burger with just lettuce and mayonaise, SnowWhite had just chips, Ariel had just chips, Fiona had fishcake and chips and Beauty had ketchup and a chip(she doesn't eat the chip, she just uses the chip to eat the ketchup!)NICE CHILD.
The park was beautiful with the sun coming down over the lake. A crowd of people were chased by a spitting mother duck, the people came just a little bit too close to her chicks.
This is my Pollyanna moment for the day, the weather was brilliant when we left the house but by the time we got back it had rained. I am now drying my cushions in the front hall and passage, I should be upset but my Pollyannaism is ..... at least I don't have to water my plants again tonight. Am I sad or am I sad? No, I'm just getting too philosophical for my own good with middle age.
Oops...I can hear the helicopters out again, do the bad guys never sleep? This afternoon I was in my gardening knitting my bashful and blush blanket when the police helicopter swept over my house again and again and again and again, I felt the police were way too interested in a garden containing a middle aged women wearing a very modest below the knee shirtwaister dress whilst doing here knitting.Perhaps they liked the colours of the blanket?
Hwyl
for now
Mother of Many

No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.