Sunday, August 10, 2008

NOW THAT WAS IMPRESSIVE!

Yesterday I felt grumpy and grotty and just plain 'fished' off and I just couldn't figure out why.
Being a nurse,everything had to be analyzed,so I decided int the end that I was just feeling a little depressed.It could have been depression associated to the fibromyalgia and the arthritis pain BUT NO. I woke up this morning with a slight sore throat. A mild infection, nothing interesting after all.
However,I hated having the feelings that I was having so I decided to do something about it!
Believing I was just feeling a little depressed and I know I swore I would NEVER,EVER, do it again.....I painted my living room! I thought,if I do this then I will feel like I had achieved something and it would make me feel better.And it did!
And the rather large bowl of strawberry ice cream also helped!
It may sound like a huge undertaking to paint a lounge but it is was not a very large job really.
When we moved into the house the lounge was twice the size but when Beauty started to grow and we knew she had problems, I had the 2 rooms separated by wooden doors so she could be better contained in one room. So one wall has double wooden doors, another has a front garden door , another has the entrance to the room door and finally one full wall,so not that much of an undertaking really! Anyway, I managed to watch NCSI at the same time so it was quite a productive evening really.
Oh and I forgot to mention, when we moved in the lounge was covered in the most hideous wall paper and so we removed it to find that the walls were not too fantastic so I painted it with artex paint and no matter how many people hate the stuff,it can be a godsend as it is really easy to maintain when you are doing the work on your own.
I think that I should start an Artex Appreciation society on facebook!
Just kidding!
So this morning I cleaned the room and put everything back and now I have a spring cleaned room.
I was intending to paint my porch but I couldn't watch TV at the same time!
Next on my TO-DO-LIST then.


An old picture of the walls in my lounge(and beautiful SnoWhite of course).
I think the walls look fine.
And the moral of the story.....painting a wall and eating ice cream could be more beneficial than therapy!

1 comment:

Steve said...

Not sure that decoration therapy would work for me... but ice cream therapy: now that I like!

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.