Tuesday, May 12, 2009

ACCEPT ME FOR WHO I AM.

Stop me if this gets too deep!!!!!
'There's nowt as queer as folk'
For example,mess with my children and Mama becomes a Mama Bear to be reckoned with but 'kick' me and ' I turn the other cheeck' and I will take all kinds of poop for an easy life or because that is what I feel is the right thing to do.
The times that I have hurt people(no matter what they did to me first) I feel such instant guilt that being mean was just not worth it.
I think that this whole conscience thing comes from going to church regularly(though I am not saying you have to be a church member to have a conscience,far from it) from a very young age.
Yesterday I told a taxi driver off (yes....that one!) for driving on a pavement and expecting me to get off the pavement for him, something the taxi drivers at Beauty's school musn't do because they put the children at risk.
And I still feel bad about it.
But.....he was abusive to me and I am sure he doesn't give a second thought to how he may have upset me.
A question ..........I believe his subsequent behaviour to me was as a direct result of me not being the same religion as him.
But why should that matter?
Just because I don't think the same way as you, because my life has gone in a different direction to you, because maybe I haven't been as lucky as you,because according to you I may have sinned, because according to you I may be The Devil's Whore doesn't mean that I am not a good person and a person that has feelings.
And why do you behave as if you think only your thoughts and opinions matter and I should care how you feel?
Whether I do or don't have a religion or religious feelings the same as yours, doesn't make me a bad person.
I live my life the best way I know how.
I am sorry if your disapointment of who I am makes you behave the way you do.
You need to understand that my life and happiness does not depend on your approval.
I never asked for it to.

Do you think I have taken this too seriously?
Maybe, if so please ignore this blog post.

1 comment:

Steve said...

The hardest thing we can do for ourselves (but the most enlightening) is to accept ourselves. The hardest thing we can do for other (and a way of lightening everybody's load) is to accept everybody else!

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.