Friday, December 12, 2008

I BELIEVE IN THE 'MAN FLU'

AND I AM GOING TO START A FACEBOOK GROUP TO PROMOTE THE ACCEPTANCE OF 'MANFLU' AS A RECOGNISED ILLNESS.

When a person has a light cold or heavy cold then they know what that is and then there is Flu.
With Flu you cannot lift your head off the bed without your brain seemingly bouncing around inside your skull and causing so much pain that lifting your head is something you avoid doing at all costs.
And then there is MANFLU..... so much worse than a heavy cold but different to Flu as the whole 'HEAD' thing doesn't happen(sorry I can't be more technical ).
I have 'MANFLU' and I feel very poorly.
I believe that using the word Flu in the description of the illness is what causes the problems.
There may not be a lot of you out there who read this blog but there is enough of you to think seriously about a new name for this illness which even I as a woman believes in.

Pianoman is slightly better but he remains in hospital with pneumonia and is still in bed which is very unusual for Pianoman, he must be very poorly for him not to be wandering.
Social Services have suggested that whilst Pianoman is in hospital then his mum should be in residential care and I totally agree as she thought I was Pianoman's cousin the day before yesterday and told me all about everything 'Allyson' had been doing for her.
SnoWhite made Pianoman's mums lunch yesterday as I stayed home with Beauty who is still ill with something viral, she is getting better but last night she had an episode of night terrors.
I am taking her to the school concert today but she might just end up watching.

Due to the whole Viral MANFLU infection that I have, my neck is screaming in pain.Belle would be encouraging me to go to the doctors for stronger pain killers if she were here, she is like a conscience sitting on your shoulder encouraging you to do the right thing.
And she is home in Florida and I miss her and I miss Beau and Woody even though they didn't visit. I am a silly moo!
The next visit is from Anastasia and Dimitri next week.
This Mama hen definitely needs her chickies close.


1 comment:

Steve said...

So sorry to hear you are still so poorly. I think Manflu needs a new name and a new marketing campaign: becauese there is a nasty virus out there that is midway between a cold and the flu and it ain't nice!

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.