Friday, June 20, 2008

GREEN CURRY


For tea yesterday I made curry and the reason it was so green Fiona
was the fact it was a veggie curry with broccoli!
It also contained Quorn 'chicken' chunks(which of course
did not add to the green colour!).

I also made sun dried tomato, olive and cheese bread rolls.
Fiona complimented them by saying she preferred
home made bread and then proceeded to pick out all
the pieces of tomato!


Due to yesterday being a CATCH-UP-ON-SLEEP day, I seem to have slept for 24 hours and I am still exhausted. I went to bed when Beauty went to bed to get as much sleep as possible and I have to say that it was strange going to bed for the night when it was still a bit light.

Which reminded me of the following poem that I read as a child.

Bed in Summer
by
Robert Louis Stevenson

In winter I get up at night
And dress by yellow candle-light.
In summer, quite the other way,
I have to go to bed by day.
I have to go to bed and see
The birds still hopping on the tree,
Or hear the grown-up people’s feet
Still going past me in the street.
And does it not seem hard to you,
When all the sky is clear and blue,
And I should like so much to play,
To have to go to bed by day?

Yesterday we watched Big Brother, we felt compelled to watch the whole 'Alex Thing'.
When I saw the part where Alex made the threats against the other contestants and their families I felt that she came across as a silly little girl full of bluster rather than anything to be taken seriously.HOWEVER, I do agree that her behaviour was threatening and unacceptable.
I also felt that her behaviour towards Mohamed was totally unacceptable, telling him his behaviour as a Muslim was unacceptable when hers as a human being let alone a Muslim was atrocious. I also felt that her behaviour towards Rachel was unacceptable, when Rachel made spaghetti and left it on the hob for people to take as they wished, Alex went on and on and on and Rachel did not retaliate.
My girls would never behave like Alex because I have taught them it is just not good manners.
For example, when my girls were younger I taught them it was rude to stare at people if for instance they were different in anyway and especially if they had disabilities.
Today I feel that teaching manners to children just doesn't seem a high priority anymore.
When I take Beauty shopping almost all the children stare continuously at Beauty, some children even follow us around the shop and their parents are totally oblivious.
Perhaps respect and good manners is something that needs to be included in Personal,Social and Health Education in schools, however I can't see it NOT being included already. Perhaps it is the reinforcement at home that is lacking.
I have come across many well behaved, well mannered lovely children and when I meet these children I always wonder why more children can't be like them.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Karen and I are only dipping in and out of BB this year - what happened to the nice Welsh girl? She was about the only normal one in there. I don't like any of them this year. Not even the blind guy. I'm quite hoping that near the end he'll reveal that he's not blind at all and has been having them all on...

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.