Monday, December 14, 2009

A WINTER'S DAY

Contrary to popular belief,the following is what is most likely to be heard playing in my car at the moment not EAST 17S STAY ANOTHER DAY.

A winter's day
In a deep and dark December;
I am alone,
Gazing from my window to the streets below
On a freshly fallen silent shroud of snow.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

I've built walls,
A fortress deep and mighty,
That none may penetrate.
I have no need of friendship; friendship causes pain.
It's laughter and it's loving I disdain.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

Don't talk of love,
But I've heard the words before;
It's sleeping in my memory.
I won't disturb the slumber of feelings that have died.
If I never loved I never would have cried.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

I have my books
And my poetry to protect me;
I am shielded in my armor,
Hiding in my room, safe within my womb.
I touch no one and no one touches me.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

And a rock feels no pain;
And an island never cries.



I think the S&G song better reflects how I feel at the moment.

I have been away for sometime and I have been thinking all the time that I will write again when I feel better but that never seems to happen so here I am anyway.
So what have I missed?
Today I read about Rick Rolling, it seems my children have heard of it but that one completely passed me by!
I seem to spend to much time asleep to notice much!

Due to me not being well and not really doing much, I have been watching lots of videos and DVDs and the my fave one at the moment has to be Love Actually.
And the character I see my self most like in the film......Billy Mack's sad and lonely and fat manager!
But hey, he may be alone but he is always smiling.
What more can I say?


3 comments:

Steve said...

I'm doing my best to turn myself into Billy Mack's manager's alter ego - Rab C. but I can't quite master the accent!

imabeaut said...

I can relate on so many levels with that song as well. Makes us more thankful for the good days when they come around though.

MOTHER OF MANY said...

I love Rab C Nessbit,I can't always understand everything he says but he is hilarious!

I know every word of every S&G song.
As sappy as it may sound,I have found a lot of comfort in those songs over the years.

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.