Monday, April 30, 2012

DOES SATAN EXIST?
This morning on the return journey of the school run, I stopped at the local shop.
When I got to the checkout the sun suddenly decided to come out !
Almost all the customers and the staff in the shop turned to check out this rare occurrence and there was an audible sigh when seconds later the sun went back behind a cloud and it began to pour with rain .....AGAIN!
The lady in the queue behind me commented on how she would love to have some sunshine and I replied by telling her that I had heard somewhere on TV or maybe read it in the news that we were going to have a really hot May.
However, I did say that I wondered how they knew but then clarified that with ,'I didn't really care how they knew or how they got the information as long as there was sunshine'.
To which another customer stated,'I don't care if they sold their soul to the devil to get that piece of information,as long as it is true'.
Then the old lady in front of me turned around and said,'there is no such thing as the devil,it is just something made up to help with social control'.!!!!!!
Then she turned back to the shop keeper and paid for her purchases and trotted out of the shop leaving the rest of us with a smile on our faces.
You have to understand that I live in a property on quite a small housing estate that has a reputation (to non-residents !) similar to that of  The Chatsworth so to  encounter such deep theological thinking first thing on a Monday morning is not usual.

2 comments:

Steve said...

If Satan does exist, we humans made him redundant centuries ago.

MOTHER OF MANY said...

I agree with you on that one Steve.

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.