Thursday, May 22, 2008

HOLIDAY END

WE ARE HOME.....and we had a lovely time.
We returned to a house full and garden full of washing, all washed and drying BUT so much.
Only four towels were left unwashed plus two bath mats. I asked SnoWhite what she would have done if all the towels had been used, she replied
OH THAT'S OK
I WOULD HAVE USED THE BATH MATS!
Seriously!
And both washing machines were going and so were both dishwashers, so obviously yesterday was spent drying mountains of washing.
I am so grateful that I have a front and back garden even if they are tiny. A lot of cities in Europe tend to mostly have apartments,I don't know how I would cope without an outdoor space.
I also found the kitchen table cloth shredded from teenagers failing to use a chopping board!
Plus the ironing board is damaged but still usable but thankfully the animals were all alive and well cared for, I left the same message that I always leave when I go away.....if something happens to the animals DO NOT try replacing them,I will tell the difference. No pigs could ever be as mad as ours or a bunny so cute.
Oh Yes.....and I came home to tales of free range mice in the house!
I love animals but definitely not the type that suddenly appear and scare the life out of you.

Today, in amongst cleaning the house and doing the washing, I managed to stop by some charity shops and buy some books. I got some bargains.
I was looking for Patricia Cornwell books as I had read one on holiday and thought I would like to read the rest of the series.I managed to find one Cornwell book, Predator from the Scarpetta series.
I also bought the following
P.D James Death in Holy Orders
Beat Route Around the World with Jools Holland
Johnny Depp A Kind of Illusion
XINRAN The Good Women of China
Katie Fforde Paradise fields
Daphne De Maurier Frenchman's Creek
Ellis Peters The Seventh Cadfael Omnibus

Well that's my summer taken care of!
Because of my back problems I find it hard to do anything for long periods of time so I do some work, have a short break when I read a little and then back to work.
It seems to work fro me.
Oh and of course I include a short nap during the day and I'm sorted!

2 comments:

Casdok said...

Looks like some interesting reading there!

Steve said...

Our house is also shaking to the sound of the washing machine working its socks (and mine) off... for all that it's nice to be home!

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.