Sunday, November 30, 2008

I AM AWAKE.....

THE LAST LEAF


CATHAYS CEMETERY IN WINTER


BUT BEAUTY IS STILL ASLEEP!
It is still her fault though that I am awake, my neck is really aching still from dragging her through ASDA. Beauty is getting to be quite a big girl.
Pain is such a strange thing, I have been bleating on for weeks about my neck hurting from over doing it from carrying bags that were too heavy but that pain has totally gone overnight to be replaced by a different type of neck pain. However, the Pollyanna in me says that I should be glad because it is a different type of pain and nowhere near as bad as the 'carrying bags' pain.
One of the sad realities of being a humanist is that I can no longer look forward to a 'next-life' where I will have a perfect body and be pain free, emotionally I can see how religion can be a comfort in many ways. Perhaps I am not really a humanist after all because if I could prove that GOD and JESUS were real I would be back there in a heartbeat. I think I am really stuck in the middle as an Agnostic rather than a Theist or an Atheist.
My comfort is that I live my life as best that I can and as I have said before,using Aslan talking to the Telmarine soldier in THE FINAL BATTLE as an example, (in my words of course) you lived a good life and lived it as if you were worshiping me, surely that should be enough.
Now that is definitely way too deep for a Sunday morning!
I am definitely not eating enough chocolate.



I slept through the match but awoke to watch the last 5 minutes and almost had a heart attack from stress as the gap from Wales' lead was narrowed and narrowed.
Beauty went out with the child minder yesterday and I enjoyed 3 Beauty free hours and it was wonderful



Roy wood said he wished it could be Christmas everyday but make it 'child minder day' every day and I would be a very happy bunny.That is why I love Beauty going to school and the wonderful thing is that she loves it too!

I love this little cutie to bits but she is so exhausting.




Don't you just love this story?
Imagine the conversation with Beauty and Pirate Patch?

One of the biggest frustrations facing journalists is being unable to get through to people on the phone. But as Mary Harper discovered, contacting the Somali pirates on the Sirius Star turned out to be child's play.

Sirius Star off the coast of Somalia (US Navy image via Getty Images)
The pirates on the Sirius Star put the phone down on the BBC

It was a cold, dark, wet and miserable Sunday afternoon. I was in my car, driving my 12-year-old daughter and her friend back from a birthday party. I was tired and fed up from being in the car.

"Mummy, mummy," trilled a voice from the back. "I want to phone the pirates."

My daughter had heard me repeatedly trying to get through to the Somali pirates on board the Sirius Star.

They usually picked up the phone but put it down again when I said I was from the BBC. My obsession with getting through to them had reached the point that I had even saved their number on my mobile phone.

"Mummy, mummy, please can I phone the pirates for you?"

"No."

"Pleeeeez."

By this time, with rain battering my windscreen and cars jamming the road, I was at the end of my tether.

"OK", I said, tossing the phone into the back of the car.

"They are under P for pirates."

Giggling with pirates

"Hello. Please can I talk to the pirates," said my daughter in her obviously childish voice.

I could hear someone replying and a bizarre conversation ensued which eventually ended when my daughter collapsed in giggles.

Our last resource is the sea, and foreign trawlers are plundering our fish
Daybad, Somali priate

This was a breakthrough. Dialogue had been established.

The next day, I went to the crowded office in Bush House in London where the BBC Somali Service is based. I told them the story.

"Let's try now," said producer Said Musa, who, dare I say it, looks a bit like a pirate himself. He has a wild look about him with flashing eyes and a swashbuckling saunter.

He dialled the number. A pirate answered. "I'm sorry," he barked in Somali, "the boss pirate is sleeping. He was very busy last night keeping watch for possible attackers, night time, you know, is the busiest time for us. Call back in two hours."

PICTURES FROM HOME

BEAUTY IN PIZZA HUT WEARING THE CHRISTMAS HAT THAT I KNITTED HER

HOLLY THE CLOWN


MY LATEST SCARVES

No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.